Post-Game Talk: Fourteen. Pens/Jets Plus-Minus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What's the source of that? Not that I doubt you, but I'm going to have one really pissed off boyfriend. I usually go to games with a friend but she couldn't use her ticket for Saturday and he thought he was hitting the jackpot. I don't want to break the news to him. :laugh:

You can always make it up to him another way ....

It's Easter, buy him chocolates!

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009
I missed the game, so I watched the highlights on nhl.com.
They had two, maybe three clips of scoring chances for the Jets. Did the Pens really dominate that much ? :D

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I missed the game, so I watched the highlights on nhl.com.
They had two, maybe three clips of scoring chances for the Jets. Did the Pens really dominate that much ? :D

Yes. The Jets got a PP every time they entered the Pens zone. They had 4PP.

And the Pens out-shot them on one of their PPs.

member 51464

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Vitale-Adams

I really don't see how that isn't the best possible lineup.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Another reason to put Iginla with Crosby is for protection from cheap shots.

maybe not protection from cheap shots per se

but someone else to answer to for scrums sid gets into.

going to the game on tuesday and im hoping girardi tires to do to sid what he did last game and have 'rome come in and ******* him up

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Couldn't turn it off fast enough to avoid Rossi, did get to hear him say, "He should pay Tuesday night vs the Islanders.

Good to know we traded him to Winnipeg

I actually watched the whole video. Now Rossi is saying that eventually the lines are going to be Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla and Kunitz-Malkin-Neal. That's interesting considering 12 hours ago he thought he was a third liner :shakehead

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Couldn't turn it off fast enough to avoid Rossi, did get to hear him say, "He should pay Tuesday night vs the Islanders.

Seriously, it makes me angry that guy even has a job. Like, he gets PAID to be this stupid.

I wish I could find a job that would pay me to be wrong all the time. Only Rossi and weathermen.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009

As soon as I saw his dumb salute, off it went. :laugh:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
As soon as I saw his dumb salute, off it went. :laugh:

ahhh didn't even see it. I had it in a tab that I wasn't focusing on :( Was totally NOT expecting it at all. Heard the guy say, "Now joining me, Rob Ro..." and i was like GOD WHY? WHY WHY?

Slow mouse hand.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
ahhh didn't even see it. I had it in a tab that I wasn't focusing on :( Was totally NOT expecting it at all. Heard the guy say, "Now joining me, Rob Ro..." and i was like GOD WHY? WHY WHY?

Slow mouse hand.

LOL! He's such an embarrassment.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus/Minus: The Penguins have actually made me tired and need a day off from all the craziness. :laugh: Between the moves, injuries, lines, the streak, etc... I'm just tired! I am too addicted to this sport.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Plus/Minus: The Penguins have actually made me tired and need a day off from all the craziness. :laugh: Between the moves, injuries, lines, the streak, etc... I'm just tired! I am too addicted to this sport.
There was a lockout! You should be refreshed in a short season!

Seriously though, it's nice to be able to add three guys aged 33-35 without them having a full season of wear and tear before the playoffs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The summer time is when you take a day off. Hopefully the team doesn't follow your lead, lazy. ;)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There was a lockout! You should be refreshed in a short season!

Seriously though, it's nice to be able to add three guys aged 33-35 without them having a full season of wear and tear before the playoffs.
I never thought of it in that aspect for the Vets. Damn, SS, you are on your game lately.

The summer time is when you take a day off. Hopefully the team doesn't follow your lead, lazy. ;)

Fine fine fine... let's fire down a red bull and get after it. :yo:

PittPenguin

Oct 21, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Did anyone else notice Despres and Tangradi pushing each other around right in front of the net? Also, Tangradi's breakaway? He looked like he really wanted to make something happen tonight. Thankfully, it didn't work.

As far as the Penguins go, tonight was amazing. Vokoun was stellar. Murray looked better than everyone said he'd be. This team is fun to watch.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
:biglaugh:

Ron Hainsey said that the Jets would make the ECFs and have an improved game plan to beat us

"Luckily for us," Winnipeg defenseman Ron Hainsey said with a degree of tongue-in-cheek, "I don't think we'll see these guys again until the conference finals."

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
Did anyone else notice Despres and Tangradi pushing each other around right in front of the net? Also, Tangradi's breakaway? He looked like he really wanted to make something happen tonight. Thankfully, it didn't work.

As far as the Penguins go, tonight was amazing. Vokoun was stellar. Murray looked better than everyone said he'd be. This team is fun to watch.

This was my GDT take on Tangradi:
Tangradi thinking - If I could've just been as good as Tanner Glass, I would have had a great chance at a Cup.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
All this "the Islanders will end the streak" "they always play the Pens tough" nonsense really annoys me. Looking forward to another blow-out shutout Saturday. Just wait until we get a powerplay.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't really see how you don't put Iginla with Sid. The question is do you bump Duper to the 3rd line or Kuni to the 2nd. After Morrow's game tonight, I would like to see him stay with Geno and Neal.

Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis would be a sick 3rd line.

Also, Rossi said he didn't think Iginla will/should play on the first PP. What an idiot

I'd still like to try Bennett with Sutter and Dupuis. BB has been backchecking like a fiend, and we know he can play with Sutter.

Right now, I'd go (Though the wing sides won't be right)

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Bennett - Sutter - Morrow
Cooke - Vitale - Adams/TK

Ray Shero*

Can't wait till we shutout the Isles.

And Iggy's first game as a Pen being against the Canadiens is alright with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad