Four in a row

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
Haha ! I wasn't too far off on my prediction in the GDT

I expect a very unfocused game tonight by Montreal, the way things culminated with the kids being told they are staying, Patches injury and Subban signing I expect a few guys won't be up to par. Winnipeg has the tools to make the Canadiens pay for discipline issues and might be out for blood after getting Shmeckled all season last year by the Habs.

Hopefully the Habs pound them out of the gates !

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
The Polish Anthem is the best. AINEC

It's basically the Big Dabrowski (Jan, that is) song, lol. I also love the part about the ways to victory shown to them by Bonaparte. Furthermore, I didn't know that the Swedes were big enough enemies of the Polish to make the national anthem, haha.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
TROLL-DANCE.gif

So tempted to post this on the WPG board. Bunch of crybabies. Crying about the refs? Really? Only reason they were in the game was because of calls made on us.

I'd advise you not to. ;)

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs

#Habs Plekanec comparing last season to this: "Difference is we're all buying into (the system) and playing it"

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I always like Emelin and he's coming into his own as one of the leagues best hitters. I have yet to see him throw a bad hit. Kid is smart.

I thought he looked a bit tired throughout the game, but he played very well.

Bergy needs to lock him up for 3-4 years or he's a goner.
Gally's are insane. The PGG line is a perfect combination.

Our 1st line...ya DD needs to sit. Our team is way more aggressive this year, so he gets pushed off the puck a lot more. I'd move Pleks line to #1, and put Eller as the #2C for 3 games.

Our defence is solid, really liking Diaz and the pairings. Is it me or has Gorges lost a step? He seems slower to react.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Kaber-Diaz.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Guys, stop saying that DD needs to sit because we don't have any better center. The only solution is to play Gally's lines more minutes. And on the PP ( like Therrien did tonight) play Cole with the Gally's. We have no other options.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs

#Habs Plekanec comparing last season to this: "Difference is we're all buying into (the system) and playing it"

Plekanec stayed nice.
Last year, there was no system under RC. It was dump the puck out of the D zone, chase it in the neutral zone, if you get it, dump it in the offensive zone, then chase it. Worst coaching I had seen in a long time.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Guys, stop saying that DD needs to sit because we don't have any better center. The only solution is to play Gally's lines more minutes. And on the PP ( like Therrien did tonight) play Cole with the Gally's. We have no other options.

I would try Moen with Cole and DD for next game and put Eller at 4th line center

BTW EMELIN is first in the NHL for number of Hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

Yes you do. His name is Eller, and if anyone thinks otherwise, might as well trade him because at this rate he'll regress.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Next few games we will see what our team is really made of. The compact schedule will finally hit us + road games. Lets see what our boys got.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I would try Moen with Cole and DD for next game and put Eller at 4th line center

BTW EMELIN is first in the NHL for number of Hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whicket emelin with the hits gorges with the bloked shots markov with the pp points and suubby with the pim kaberle with the :sarcasm:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Yeah we won but, so did boston, toronto, ottawa. and buffalo got a point.
I want to see more AGally, BGally and Cole on the PP.

That's a 'half-empty' outlook. The right way to look at it is, the Habs kept up with the leaders despite missing two key players. They also gained on a number of non-divisional East teams.

Nowadays the tankards look at the East standings, starting at 15th, and working their tired eyes up and up and up. Back to your laptops, boys, no Galchenyuk-type pick for the Habs this time, but be consoled that the Leafs probably won't get one either. (They came uncomfortably close last year.)

I predicted that Markov would score the GWG. He didn't, but he assisted on it. That's close enough for me. Amazing to see so many Habs grouped close behind the scoring leaders!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad