Four in a row

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I like how Desharnais reacted to François Gagnon trying to find excuses for his poor play.

When I met him in the locker room after the game and I stated a series of excuses to explain the fact that he only has two passes after five games, the Quebecer interrupted me: "When I look in the mirror, I do not like what I see. Not looking for excuses. I have to play better. I have to work harder and play better to get out of this. Watch the other guys go. They play well. They produce. There is no free ride for anyone. They play more than me because they deserve it. "

In defense of Desharnais, he is playing without Max Pacioretty with whom he developed a great complicity in Hamilton first, then with the Canadiens. In addition, he no longer enjoys the element of surprise that he had last year.

"Max was there in the first game and it was still not to my taste. And to be honest, I do not see anything different in the teams' coverage. I'm the problem. I am the one who has to solve it. "

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/gagnon/2013/01/30/desharnais-nest-pas-l’ombre-de-lui-meme/

I'm confident he'll get out of this and go back to his old self. He has the right attitude about it. Instead of blaming his team, his linemates or his ice time, he knows it must come from him.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
^ what a cancer :shakehead

he seems to still be playing on big ice. he always seems to think he has more space than he actually has. it's just a bad groove, he'll snap out of it eventually

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I love watching Jets games. They play hard, and they don't hold back. Its easy on the eyes from a fan's perspective.

As for this game. There were a few lousy/borderline calls going both ways. The officiating is still stuck in pre season mode based on what I've seen this season. Its been deplorable.

As for the habs, if they can ever fix that PK, then you might have something this year. I know the PK stats aren't terrible, but the habs have been giving way too many good looks to the opposition, and if not for Price, this teams would probably be in the bottom 5 rather than middle of the pack on PK.

PricePkPatch*

double **** post

#blamePK

On a secondary note, great game for most of the guys. I knew Price would bounce back in the game; he's ths kind of goalie who reacts well to self-admonition because of bad goals.

Emelin is a ****ing train, nothing else. Have you noticed him and Markov play a 1-2 punch routine? When opponents come on the left side, Emelin will engage and Crush, but almost simultaneously, you have Marky passing by to catch the loose puck.

That's tactical usage of heavy hitting. Made hard plays clever. Me likey

PricePkPatch*

Btw: can someone post some vids of the biggest hits by Emelin? I'd like to show some people how hard he plays

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Price has been a bit weak on the PK for a while, at least he's not letting in the point shots anymore. Losing Gill may be a problem until Tinordi is ready. Kaberle looked a bit better but we need a stopper or two. Subban will help.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not the prettiest win but a win is a win is a win.

Still can't get over how well the Gallys are playing. Just awesome.

Not Price's best game but the team picked him up and that's what they need to do sometimes. I was expecting Budaj to get one of the games on the back-to-back and I still expect that tonight.

Emelin is just a ****ing beast!

What can you say about the General :bow:

One player who I think doesn't get talked about enough, maybe taken for granted, is Tomas Plekanec. He has been awesome so far this year. Every phase of the game, ES PP PK, just awesome. Definitely one of our MVP's of the early season IMO.

I learned one thing about the Jets last night...they are a very whiny team. A big team that can dish it out but can't seem to take it.

Onto to Ottawa tonight!

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
One player who I think doesn't get talked about enough, maybe taken for granted, is Tomas Plekanec. He has been awesome so far this year. Every phase of the game, ES PP PK, just awesome. Definitely one of our MVP's of the early season IMO.

Agree. Never wanted to see him traded. I think he's pretty underated around these parts.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
loved watching markov kick it old school last night. anytime he thought the team wasn't ready, or didn't like what he saw on the ice. he slowed the play down, and let the team reset at least a half dozen times, when they were having difficulty with a quick transition. something I haven't seen a habs guy do since, well, markov.

his poise is rubbing off on the other d, and it's noticeable. bouillon especially, but not sure that 100% a good thing for him when he tried to go end to end. lol.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Plekanec has always been solid. Put aside his struggling season with Kovalev. He's had to deal with playin with scrap and grinders for maybe half his career here, but still looked good, and may I add that he never complained about it. Management relying on him too much with little help from his wingers always tired him out in the long run. If his linemates can keep it up, over a short season, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a career scoring pace.
He is one of the best two way players in the NHL, and arguably the best PK forward. The way he seems to create at least one scoring chance on the PK in every game is remarkable.

If Galchenyuk can become that elite top center, having Plek as #2 would be an incredible 1-2 punch.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Plekanec has always been solid. Put aside his struggling season with Kovalev. He's had to deal with playin with scrap and grinders for maybe half his career here, but still looked good, and may I add that he never complained about it. Management relying on him too much with little help from his wingers always tired him out in the long run. If his linemates can keep it up, over a short season, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a career scoring pace.
He is one of the best two way players in the NHL, and arguably the best PK forward. The way he seems to create at least one scoring chance on the PK in every game is remarkable.

If Galchenyuk can become that elite top center, having Plek as #2 would be an incredible 1-2 punch.

It's always a concern that Plekanec might wear down and I think that's a legitimate concern for this season. He played almost 24 minutes last night. One game sure, but he can't do that every night. Desharnais, at the moment, is not pulling his weight and I don't think (or know if) Galchenyuk is ready to carry a 17-19 minute load in the NHL right now.

Eller hasn't shown so far this season that he is capable either. With condensed schedule and back-to-back games this could be a problem down the road.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Still waiting for that Therrien F- off gif, lol.

edit: Oh, and Emelin is a beast. Too bad he's inevitably gonna get flak at some point for ringing someone's bell and having a face mask on when he has to answer for it.

I thought hard clean hits were part of the game. But what do I know, I've only played and watched it for 45 years.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Emelin leading the league with 28 hits and most people right behind him have one more game than him. :laugh:

What a beast.

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006
Take that Charron! He used to ref me in minor hockey even though im a year older. Was always awkward being reffed by a younger guy

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I thought hard clean hits were part of the game. But what do I know, I've only played and watched it for 45 years.

Agreed, it's not like he's elbowing opponents or hit them in the numbers.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Well it was mostly 1 poster, Patofqc and now he has disappeared

Patofqc disappeared because every single guy on this board has blocked him. He's still out there, screaming, but like a tree that falls in the deep, cold and still lake superior forest on a January night at 4 AM, no one hears him. So peaceful...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's always a concern that Plekanec might wear down and I think that's a legitimate concern for this season. He played almost 24 minutes last night. One game sure, but he can't do that every night. Desharnais, at the moment, is not pulling his weight and I don't think (or know if) Galchenyuk is ready to carry a 17-19 minute load in the NHL right now.

Eller hasn't shown so far this season that he is capable either. With condensed schedule and back-to-back games this could be a problem down the road.

I agree. I wrote about it yesterday. I know winning is important, and you want to put the players that make you win in there, but as you said, I don't think Plek can carry that load. Outside their line, not one player had 15min of ice time.
PK will help as he makes every one on the ice better, but Therrien might still have to change his player utilization.
Eller is a great PK player, put him there. I think this kid should also get a Chance on the PP. It's where many players find their touches (see Erik Cole last year).
DD also maybe give him a bit more time on the pp.

I agree about Gally. I don't know if he could handle those minutes yet. For now, perfectly happy with his usage. Let him develop versus weaker opponents with less pressure.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Not sure if that was asked/answered in the thread already, but when is the last time that the Habs won 4 games in a row scoring 4 goals (or more) in each of them?

Seems like a long time since we scored so much, and it sure is fun to not just win games when we can grind out a 2-1 win.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00