Four in a row

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It's always a concern that Plekanec might wear down and I think that's a legitimate concern for this season. He played almost 24 minutes last night. One game sure, but he can't do that every night. Desharnais, at the moment, is not pulling his weight and I don't think (or know if) Galchenyuk is ready to carry a 17-19 minute load in the NHL right now.

Eller hasn't shown so far this season that he is capable either. With condensed schedule and back-to-back games this could be a problem down the road.

Eller has hardly been used at his natural position. Therrien can think what he wants about ES, but not using Eller on the PK is Pejorative Slured.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Not sure if that was asked/answered in the thread already, but when is the last time that the Habs won 4 games in a row scoring 4 goals (or more) in each of them?

Seems like a long time since we scored so much, and it sure is fun to not just win games when we can grind out a 2-1 win.

I seem to remember hearing it was 2008, we did it in 5 straight games.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Eller has hardly been used at his natural position. Therrien can think what he wants about ES, but not using Eller on the PK is Pejorative Slured.

I agree. The way Eller was used yesterday, might as well get rid of him because he won't build any confidence like that.
He doesn't play where he does best, on the PK. Gets no chance on the PP where a lot of players can build up some confidence. To make matters worse, he plays on the wing at ES.
I mean really, we can criticize Eller all day, but we can't ignore how he's being used.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
We might as well trade Eller for an established grinder before he has no value.
Better to wait to see how he fits in on this team. And of course how
well he can play. That he is an injury sub on DD's line, while the other three
lines are playing good/great, only makes sense. Not sure how, or why anyone
would read anything else into it.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I like how Desharnais reacted to François Gagnon trying to find excuses for his poor play.

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/gagnon/2013/01/30/desharnais-nest-pas-l’ombre-de-lui-meme/

I'm confident he'll get out of this and go back to his old self. He has the right attitude about it. Instead of blaming his team, his linemates or his ice time, he knows it must come from him.

Good to read. DD has been pretty bad but I'm glad he's owning up to it and being his own harshest critic.

Maybe playing in Switzerland wasn't the best possible choice for him in retrospect.

For what it's worth, Claude Julien suggested the same thing about Seguin - that his slow start was due to having to adapt himself from the Swiss league to the NHL. Probably just an excuse, but at least you're not alone in thinking it.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Yeah, there's a possible parallel with Seguin there. It probably takes some adapting for North Americans not used to shifting ice sizes.

On the flip side there's Taveres, who was slow by his standards for maybe the first 2 games and now is back to normal.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Good to read. DD has been pretty bad but I'm glad he's owning up to it and being his own harshest critic.

For what it's worth, Claude Julien suggested the same thing about Seguin - that his slow start was due to having to adapt himself from the Swiss league to the NHL. Probably just an excuse, but at least you're not alone in thinking it.

I think it's part of DD's success so far, that he finds ways to make himself
effective. I think he did this at every level, when most people doubted his
ability to succeed at the next level. So I'm expecting him to find his way back
to being a good player, regardless of what the coach, or his linemates do.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
At this point I'd rather see Moen put with Desharnais and Cole and let Eller centre the 4th line. They're getting decent ice time and he can control the boards with Armstrong and White quite efficiently I would imagine.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

4 in a row...but can we fight...o wait..yes....yes we can :handclap:

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
We saw something tonight we rarely saw in the past: the team bailing Price out. Good to see that we can still hold the fort when Price has an off day.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Thought they looked the same :naughty:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad