Four in a row

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It's basically the Big Dabrowski (Jan, that is) song, lol. I also love the part about the ways to victory shown to them by Bonaparte. Furthermore, I didn't know that the Swedes were big enough enemies of the Polish to make the national anthem, haha.

Yes, the Swedes were indeed big enemies of Poland (and Russia). If you had studied European history you would have known that from the 13th to the late 18th century the Swedes were far from the neutral country they are today. They took part in many wars. The rationale for Peter the Great to order the construction of St. Petersburg at great cost in money and lives in a swampy, mosquito-plagued area was its strategic location. He feared (rightly so) that the Swedes would occupy the land along the Gulf of Finland and block Russia's access to the Baltic Sea. As for Poland, it used to be united with Lithuania and it invaded Russia in the early 16th century.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
so.......tempted.................

EDIT: Was going to but the site says its too large :(

That better?

8428114331_d917bf5fcc_m.jpg

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
A win tomorrow and we're 1pts away from being #1 in the east. Let's hope we can do it and let's hope we don't leaf our way down out of the playoffs afterwards.

Singularity

Apr 23, 2003
Watching the game!
Visit site
Man, I'd love that in a "no excuses" avy...

Maybe

"(Pic Of Emelin smashing into Cole)
*Russian expletive*, was that Cole?
(DragEmelin)
No excuses"

But I don't want to keep that avy from a more frequent poster, though...

Edit: Beaten by a mile. :D

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Yes, the Swedes were indeed big enemies of Poland (and Russia). If you had studied European history you would have known that from the 13th to the late 18th century the Swedes were far from the neutral country they are today. They took part in many wars. The rationale for Peter the Great to order the construction of St. Petersburg at great cost in money and lives in a swampy, mosquito-plagued area was its strategic location. He feared (rightly so) that the Swedes would occupy the land along the Gulf of Finland and block Russia's access to the Baltic Sea. As for Poland, it used to be united with Lithuania and it invaded Russia in the early 16th century.

Yeah, I mean, it's coming back to me, but it takes a bit of brain digging to get back past all the more modern Russian and German stuff first, lol. I also have no idea when that anthem was written, but I'm certainly going to look it up, haha.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
What I'd like to see tomorrow is us being a little better at the start of the 2nd period, two games in a row now that we seem to let go after we have taken the lead.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I loved the TSN announcer thinking Markov scored the first goal.

"Markov with 4 goals on the powerplay and make it... five, as..........make it four as..... Markov feeds it across!"

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
pk will help with the penalty kill, but we gotta stay out of the box.stupid penalties cost us all night.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Still laughing at the people who wanted Plekanec traded to give Desharnais a bigger role :laugh:

Still laughing at those who were CONSTENTLY bashing Bourque for no reason, those that couldn't figure out that he was brought last season in a 15th place team plus one of his linemates out with a bicep injury... Ring a bell?

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Dang, the top 6 defencemen in scoring are from three teams:

1 Kevin Shattenkirk STL 0-8 8pts
2 Andrei Markov MTL 4-3 7pts
3 Dustin Byfuglien WPG 3-4 7pts
4 Alex Pietrangelo STL 1-6 7pts
5 Tobias Enstrom WPG 0-7 7pts
6 Raphael Diaz MTL 0-7 7pts

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Dang, the top 6 defencemen in scoring are from three teams:

1 Kevin Shattenkirk STL 0-8 8pts
2 Andrei Markov MTL 4-3 7pts
3 Dustin Byfuglien WPG 3-4 7pts
4 Alex Pietrangelo STL 1-6 7pts
5 Tobias Enstrom WPG 0-7 7pts
6 Raphael Diaz MTL 0-7 7pts

So the puck basically goes from one guy, to the other guy... :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad