Forza Horizon V (Nov. 9th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Fired up the game yesterday and they gave me a Senna for playing FH4, and about 48 hours after paying 1.5 million for a Senna...why didn't I get this free car with the ours when I first signed in? Oh well
They also said the cars would be delayed after launch.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
They also said the cars would be delayed after launch.

It was weird when I got the Viper and Porsche on day one but not the Senna, I was sure I played FH4 in the spring, then I get it 10 days later. I'm out the credits which is mildly annoying and since it's a gift I can't auction it either. Like I said, oh well

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Can someone explain the auction house to me. I got a really expensive car from a wheel spin, (one of the Cobra's. $30 mil credits or something like that) but when I try to sell it, there is a max of like $1.5 mil or something. Nowhere close to what the car is worth. Can we not set our own prices? Also, does the game take a tax when selling?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Can someone explain the auction house to me. I got a really expensive car from a wheel spin, (one of the Cobra's. $30 mil credits or something like that) but when I try to sell it, there is a max of like $1.5 mil or something. Nowhere close to what the car is worth. Can we not set our own prices? Also, does the game take a tax when selling?

Here's an excerpt from an article that goes over it.

"Update 11 in Forza Horizon 4 changed the maths that determined how many credits a seller can set as the minimum bid and buyout price, and it looks like that system prevails in Forza Horizon 5 too.
Minimum bids are calculated as 10% of the car value, and minimum buyouts work out at 55% of the car value. Max buyout is set at 20 million credits.
However, there are a few more variables to throw into the algorithm. Firstly, cars become more valuable if they’ve been tuned or painted by high-level tuners or painters.
The Auction House is also self-aware - it notes how quickly a particular vehicle sold at its listed price and adjusts the value of that car dynamically. That means sought-after cars rise in value, because their demand is high.
It’s also a safeguard against player price-fixing. If a single player tried to buy all the available examples of a non-buyable car with the intention of artificially hiking up the price like some awful crossbreed of Derek Trotter and Martin Skreli, they wouldn’t be able to. No demand = no profit."

I've sold a few cars and there's no tax, you receive the credits that it sells for. Also there's a custom tune made by a user named Don Joewon Song, which is pretty much one of the best builds for the Sesto FE you'll find. The handling is absurd on that car when tuned, and turning corners smoothly at 200+ mph is insane.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not a car or racing guy at all, but picked this up from Gamepass for PC just like I did FH4 and it’s just so fun. Feels more difficult to win races this year, but I don’t really care about that. I mostly just do the stunts and barns and stuff. Just ridiculously fun.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The 2015 Ferrari F12tdf is a fun car to mod. Put in an AWD drive train and along with some other handling mods and man does it stick to the road. think it may be my favorite handling car in the game atm and in my price range. I only have 2.7m so i have not bought or won any super cars that I have liked yet.

on another note I bought the house with the 5 super spins.......Jeep cheroke, jeep trailhawk, very low end nissan and a low end bmw...............are you kidding me lol.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I've sold a few cars and there's no tax, you receive the credits that it sells for. Also there's a custom tune made by a user named Don Joewon Song, which is pretty much one of the best builds for the Sesto FE you'll find. The handling is absurd on that car when tuned, and turning corners smoothly at 200+ mph is insane.

Don Joewon Song is just great. His YouTube videos and his tunes are always good. His FH3 Jeep Willys tune was just nuts.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
So I won a 1997 mclarin f1 gt that is valued at 15 million and a 2011 gallardo lp 570-4 superlegga that is valued around 500k or something. Just put them both in auciton. The max buyout for the mclaren is 3.5 mill and the max buyout for the gallardo is 8.7 mill?! What lol.

got them both on one super spin

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Anyone else notice there’s little to no NPC traffic whatsoever??

I’m playing on just a basic Xbox One and as nice as Mexico looks, without NPC traffic it feels kinda lifeless

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I think that's no-brainer on pretty much any open world game.
Yeah, I thought so. I was wondering whether they adjusted the amount depending on the power of the system it's running on but further reading and it seems like a universal complaint, even if it does vary a little.

I'd like to see a traffic density slider in the settings.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, I thought so. I was wondering whether they adjusted the amount depending on the power of the system it's running on but further reading and it seems like a universal complaint, even if it does vary a little.

I'd like to see a traffic density slider in the settings.

I'm playing on Performance Mode on Series X, not sure if that has any effect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad