Forza Horizon V (Nov. 9th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion, gave it a try and it seems the best solution for now is just enabling 8x MSAA and FXAA in the game's settings. Hopefully Playground will add DLSS or DLAA support later on along with an LOD setting that allows the game to scale higher than the console version. Driving through fields of crops during the cross country races and just watching all the plants switch from low detail to high detail as you drive close is pretty rough.

It sounds like a common issue. Some reddit posters are suggesting that Ultra textures and geometry might be bugged and to set them to Extreme or High. It's something to try if you have them set to Ultra.
Clicking on the title above the video will take you to the reddit post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikeaveli

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Landed a Shelby Daytona day 1 off a wheel spin.. didn't realize until yesterday when I was looking through how much cars cost... :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Got the achievement for driving all the roads, but the counter still shows 574/578 .... whatever, I'll take it. Stared at the map all day and didn't see anything left to make up the final 4.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Gamepass is incredible. I haven't played a Forza game in years but I got this one because it's basically free for me. I am sure others that normally would never have spent 70-80 dollars on it now have the chance to play it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Still some annoying problems with steering wheels in this game. Sometimes the force feedback will just stop working and some of the setting don't actually seem to even work.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Still some annoying problems with steering wheels in this game. Sometimes the force feedback will just stop working and some of the setting don't actually seem to even work.

It's a known issue and will be fixed in the patch next week (console and PC).

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Really liking the game so far but I got to say, online needs quite a bit of work. No lie, I had to sit in a lobby for over 5 minutes to get a race started. Really annoying. If they don't fix this, I don't know how long I'll be playing

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Really liking the game so far but I got to say, online needs quite a bit of work. No lie, I had to sit in a lobby for over 5 minutes to get a race started. Really annoying. If they don't fix this, I don't know how long I'll be playing
There’s a patch scheduled for next week that’s supposed to take care of that.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Whatever you do, don’t throw cars like this away. I turned this 1940’s Ford into an all purpose beast. It does 140 MPH….off road.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Got my Senna just before signing off for the evening, excited to test it out tomorrow. Got that 60s Ferrari that is worth 16.4 million in a super spin, don't know if I want to keep it or sell it.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Anyone having an issue with your game crashing on startup on pc? My Brother in Law is having the issue and I'm kind of stuck on what troubleshooting procedures to take next.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Anyone having an issue with your game crashing on startup on pc? My Brother in Law is having the issue and I'm kind of stuck on what troubleshooting procedures to take next.

I found a solution on Reddit, it involves deleting the Nahimic service in task manager. Once I turned that off, I had no crashing anymore.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Fired up the game yesterday and they gave me a Senna for playing FH4, and about 48 hours after paying 1.5 million for a Senna...why didn't I get this free car with the ours when I first signed in? Oh well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad