Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't hear this. But going off the quote and surmising he's talking about Therrien, I would think Weise is the last guy who should criticize Therrien. After all, he played his best hockey under MT and he often put him on the top line with DD and Max.

Weise played under Torts in Vancouver, and I think they were pretty outspoken in the media towards each other.

He's probably another one he has on his bonehead list. He said some things about how Julien couldn't run lines as well.

I have not heard him say bad stuff about MT, but who knows.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
i was always a big Scherbak fan despite how frustrating he could be. That said I would need to see them play to have an opinion. If Scherbak improved his defensive game, effort, matured and is working harder, then 100% I would bring him back. Fucale if he's figured out his rebound control problems, I was never a big fan and we don't have a big need there but if he's better then McNiven then get him.

We do need a goalie for the ECHL next year unless the plan is for Dichow to be there since he has no team, but I'd rather see us get an NCAA goalie like McKay and see how that goes.

I also have a soft spot for Scherbak and he now has 11 points in 13 AHL games, his best production in a while.

Reactions: montreal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I also have a soft spot for Scherbak and he now has 11 points in 13 AHL games, his best production in a while.
If he ever gets it mentally, and commits to working on his 200 foot game, and puts his mind to being one of the hardest workers on the ice, he could be an NHLer.

Raw talent, but can he be refined?

Reactions: angusyoung

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015

His wife is from here so might be something he would consider. Even if he starts in the AHL, he'll be playing under Bouchard instead of Lefebvre.

Would love to see him turn it around. It especially hurts to see Scherbak fall out when the pick right above him is.... David Pastrnak.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ah Max, I wish he would have stayed with the Habs longer. He was awesome in that 2010 series. Damn Jacques Martin.

Didn't exactly light it up afterwards, but he would have saved us getting/paying assets for Nokelainen, Halpern (2nd time), Briere and Mitchell.

Reactions: donghabs98

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Ah Max, I wish he would have stayed with the Habs longer. He was awesome in that 2010 series. Damn Jacques Martin.
What happened with him and Martin? From what I recall Lappy wanted a trade because of a lack of playing time (which is crazy to think because its not like we had that great of a bottom 6 that year.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Interview/podcast with Dale Weise. Interview gets on my nerves, but there's a BEAUTIFUL nugget right around 49:50

"I thought half of my NHL coaches were boneheads"

"I just don't understand why in the NHL coaches just get recycled, guys who have continued to fail, continued to get recycled... [...] And guys who were old school - times have changed!" lol

you just know he's talking about Therrien

Interesting at the end how he confirms that Bergy did make an offer in 2016 to bring him back and that it was roughly $3M less than what Philly offered. I like Weise but that philly offer was too much.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What happened with him and Martin? From what I recall Lappy wanted a trade because of a lack of playing time (which is crazy to think because its not like we had that great of a bottom 6 that year.

Martin really did not seem to like his style. Let's face it Martin is a bland guy who likes conservative hockey and Max was a hell raiser so it was two personalities that did not match. And so he was getting less and less icetime. Same thing happened to Latendresse.

Reactions: donghabs98

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Awesome. If he has Hudon-like skills (all my player comparables are habcentric but I don't think this one's that far off from what i've seen) but with real speed, he could be a good one.

My god our pool is looking ta tas right now. Especially with key guys having some good turn around years. If it wasn't for Norlinder's injuries, I think that would be ALL of our like top 10 or so looking really really good. Even beyond our top 10 there's some really interesting talent. Never seen our cupboards anywhere near this good.
As a fellow Habcentric. In 1984 we had:
Patrick Roy
Shayne Corson
Claude Lemeuix
Petr Svaboda
Tom Kurvers
Stephane Richer
Scott Mactavish
Kjell Dahlin
And Chris Chelios was not yet Rookie, but had played in the previous play-offs.
I also think un-drafted Brian Skrudland and Mike Loler were signed that summer.

It would be hard to compete with that list!

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
His wife is from here so might be something he would consider. Even if he starts in the AHL, he'll be playing under Bouchard instead of Lefebvre.

Would love to see him turn it around. It especially hurts to see Scherbak fall out when the pick right above him is.... David Pastrnak.
I still hate how boston picked pasta right before us and got left with sherby

Reactions: angusyoung

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Always liked Ryan,got a raw deal in Montreal IMO. He could play decently when played with other decent players and really stood up for everyone.
He was continually putting us in trouble with his dumb penalties. He lacked control and he wasn't useful enough to compensate for that. Even though he is a better player, Domi had pretty much the same problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad