Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I feel like he will retire soon once he plays a year or two in the Czech league

tremendously talented but lacked consistency and cardio. I felt like he was exausted after even a small shift

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Looking at those years, might not have been the best place to learn about drive with the Bourque, Latendresse, Pouliot, O'Byrne...

To me, there was a clear lack of supervision of offside activities until recent years and it showed with the Kostitsyn bros, Ribeiro, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, O'Byrne...

This.

Team was a straight up mess in those days.

Party boy days.

Reactions: snakeye

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Looking at those years, might not have been the best place to learn about drive with the Bourque, Latendresse, Pouliot, O'Byrne...

To me, there was a clear lack of supervision of offside activities until recent years and it showed with the Kostitsyn bros, Ribeiro, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, O'Byrne...
The 08-09 season was when things really came to ahead. Injuries had a big part in that season going off the rails but so too was the added distractions off the ice.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Scherbak with 5 pts in 5 games, tied for the team lead in assists, tied for 2nd in points. Wonder if keeps this up will he get to see NHL time again? Always liked his playmaking but maybe now that he's had a kid he's matured enough to realize he has to work harder.

Reactions: Habs13

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sven leads the Swiss League in scoring with 20 goals and 44 points in 40 games.

Raphael Diaz has 9 goals and 26 points in 38 games

Deharnais has 35 pts in 34 games, wonder if he will still retire.

Nygren has a nice 12 goals and 30 pts in 39 games from the point

Hudon 8 goals and 19 points in 20 games

Tim Bozon still kicking with 8 goals and 11 points in 30 games

D'Agostini also still playing though I guess he has been injured or something with 4 points in 8 games

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Sven leads the Swiss League in scoring with 20 goals and 44 points in 40 games.

Raphael Diaz has 9 goals and 26 points in 38 games

Deharnais has 35 pts in 34 games, wonder if he will still retire.

Nygren has a nice 12 goals and 30 pts in 39 games from the point

Hudon 8 goals and 19 points in 20 games

Tim Bozon still kicking with 8 goals and 11 points in 30 games

D'Agostini also still playing though I guess he has been injured or something with 4 points in 8 games

I think there's still some NHL talent up on there. I'd take Diaz back over a pilon like Chiarot....he may be soft but at least he can pass the damn puck and not take a million dum-dum penalties.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I wonder what happened to Gregory Stewart. One of his first impressions in Montreal was memorable when he beat the crap out of Steve Ott. All the players were congradulating him, he was such a breath of fresh air given that the team kept getting pumelled. He settled down pretty fast after that. I believe it's because Gainey was our coach and he didn't like much the gritty play so probably asked him to calm down. That is the impression I got anyway. Then he seemed to disappear. Seems like he never really got a genuine chance as he was not a bad player either.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wonder what happened to Gregory Stewart. One of his first impressions in Montreal was memorable when he beat the crap out of Steve Ott. All the players were congradulating him, he was such a breath of fresh air given that the team kept getting pumelled. He settled down pretty fast after that. I believe it's because Gainey was our coach and he didn't like much the gritty play so probably asked him to calm down. That is the impression I got anyway. Then he seemed to disappear. Seems like he never really got a genuine chance as he was not a bad player either.

After leaving us in 2010, he signed for 1 year with the Oilers, but spent the whole year in the AHL with the Oklahoma City Barons. The following year, he signed in the ECHL with the South Carolina Stingrays.

During the lockdown year, he earned a scholarship to study at the University of Ulster in Sports management and play for the Belfast Giants in the UK.

Afterwards, he spent 3 years playing a few games in the Allan Cup Hockey for the Dundas Real McCoys with a few game in the Newfoundland Senior Hockey League in 2014-2015 while moving professionally from sports management to management. He retired from hockey in 2016.

He currently works for Purina (Pet food, litter and stuff) as a National Key Account Manager.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
After leaving us in 2010, he signed for 1 year with the Oilers, but spent the whole year in the AHL with the Oklahoma City Barons. The following year, he signed in the ECHL with the South Carolina Stingrays.

During the lockdown year, he earned a scholarship to study at the University of Ulster in Sports management and play for the Belfast Giants in the UK.

Afterwards, he spent 3 years playing a few games in the Allan Cup Hockey for the Dundas Real McCoys with a few game in the Newfoundland Senior Hockey League in 2014-2015 while moving professionally from sports management to management. He retired from hockey in 2016.

He currently works for Purina (Pet food, litter and stuff) as a National Key Account Manager.

It's so weird that he dropped so fast and played the remaining of his time in the lower leagues. At the very least, I'm glad he got that scholarship.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's so weird that he dropped so fast and played the remaining of his time in the lower leagues. At the very least, I'm glad he got that scholarship.

He was not exactly a world beater at the AHL level and he had a single assist in 26 NHL games.

Apparently, injuries are part of why he retired early.
Exclusive Interview With Gregory Stewart » Rabid Habs
My difficult times during my career have really been injuries. At our level, no one wants to watch his teammates play while you’re sitting in the stands. It’s also because of the injuries that my career ended a little earlier than I thought.

He did miss significant time when he played in the ECHL for the stingrays.
https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_478ba48b-453f-5598-bf0b-ad5f75491b2c.html
South Carolina Stingrays forward Greg Stewart is expected to miss six to eight weeks with an “upper body” injury he suffered last week against Kalamazoo.
Stewart, 25, was hurt during South Carolina’s game against Kalamazoo on Feb. 1 when he collided with the net after scoring late in the second period of the Stingrays 4-3 shootout win over the Wings.
This is will be the second time Stewart has missed extended time with an injury this season. Stewart missed more than a month earlier in the season when he sprained an MCL ligament in his knee in November.

Reactions: Kimota

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Dietz isn't putting up a lot of points but he's still scoring goals in the khl. He'd probably have been better than some of the guys we've tried the last few years. Maybe his game just fits that league better?

Surprised he didn't get a look after his 2018-2019 season.

Reactions: frapp10

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so did anyone see Dale Weise's new gig Habs tonight. His 1st episode was out tonight, they had Laraque on as a special guest, a lot of talk about Subban and at the very end they talked about the 3 young centers. Weise thinks highly of all 3 but has Suzuki with the most upside. Was a pretty good listen.

Reactions: Gyfu

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Just going to leave this here

So sick! That backhand shot for goal #7 is harder than most guys can fire a wrist shot. So sweet! And those two last ones! Goosebumps! I remember those. Imagine if he played like this every game? Ah man! So much skill.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So sick! That backhand shot for goal #7 is harder than most guys can fire a wrist shot. So sweet! And those two last ones! Goosebumps! I remember those. Imagine if he played like this every game? Ah man! So much skill.
Its the fourth one for me. Pulling this shit off against MacInnis and then firing that rocket right on the bottle ? Jesus f***ing christ what a goal.

Reactions: Gyfu and Habs13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad