Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
some former Habs updates,

In the NLA (Swiss), Ghettoblaster, Hudon, Nygren, Ben Maxwell, Carr, DD, all off to great starts in the season. Ghetto is one of the top scorers in the league, Hudon among the leaders in ppg, Nygren one of the top scoring blueliners.

In the KHL Dietz leads the league in goals for defensemen with 10 in 13 games. Only one other blueliner has more then 5.

after missing most of last season to injury, Emelin at 34 is back healthy and is 2nd on his team in points for a defensemen if you can believe that. playing with former Hab great Sekac. Kostitsyn at 35 is still hanging in there, though it looks like he's missed time to injury

Collberg is now in the German 2nd league, ouch. poor guy, talk about peaking early as he breaks the record for U-18 points in the J20 but then it was all downhill from there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
«J'ai foiré et c'est entièrement ma faute» - TVA Sports

Scherbak interview, blames himself for what happened. Currently unsigned, I wouldn't mind if we gave him an AHL contract.

there's no room and once the players that are on loan in the Euro leagues leave for NHL camps hopefully in December, spots will open up for players like him.

I didn't read the article as I am trying to get my work done for the day before all these hockey games start but I know in the past he did not have the best words for how he was handled, and imo rightly so as it's one of the worst cases of development I have ever seen. That said there was always talk that the kid was just to easy going, didn't want it enough and clearly wasn't working hard enough.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
«J'ai foiré et c'est entièrement ma faute» - TVA Sports

Scherbak interview, blames himself for what happened. Currently unsigned, I wouldn't mind if we gave him an AHL contract.
I wouldn't mind giving him an AHL contact. He'd finally have a coach who can actually develop and instill the discipline and focus a player like him needs. Its also an AHL contract so there's no downside to taking a shot on whether he has learned his lesson and is more focused on doing what's needed to succeed at the pros.

Id ratber take a shot on Scherbak than some AHL plug when it comes to an AHL contract.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Dale Weise is having a 6-plex build in Winnipeg and is currently living there AFAIK. No hockey news for 2020-2021.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
My guess is Weise signs a deal with the Jets. Gets to play at home (Regardless of if its with the Jets or Moose) and would be a good vet for the Moose/depth forward for the Jets.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
some former Habs updates,

In the NLA (Swiss), Ghettoblaster, Hudon, Nygren, Ben Maxwell, Carr, DD, all off to great starts in the season. Ghetto is one of the top scorers in the league, Hudon among the leaders in ppg, Nygren one of the top scoring blueliners.

In the KHL Dietz leads the league in goals for defensemen with 10 in 13 games. Only one other blueliner has more then 5.

after missing most of last season to injury, Emelin at 34 is back healthy and is 2nd on his team in points for a defensemen if you can believe that. playing with former Hab great Sekac. Kostitsyn at 35 is still hanging in there, though it looks like he's missed time to injury

Collberg is now in the German 2nd league, ouch. poor guy, talk about peaking early as he breaks the record for U-18 points in the J20 but then it was all downhill from there.

Tim Bozon is one guy having trouble to start the year in the NL, goose egg in his 8 first games with Lusanne.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Scott Gomez will do an ask me anything on reddit, Nov 17. Get your popcorn ready.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I've read many times on this forum that he wasn't more then an Euro's league player...i am confused :whatever:
I don't think people have ever questioned his talent, especially with the puck. What people have always questioned is his attitude towards the game and him often seemingly caring more about partying than playing hockey.

Reactions: MasterD

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Currently Founder and CEO of CoachThem, a coaching app. Also the owner of Defence First Hockey School.

Apparently, Vegas, CBJ and Philadelphia all use the app.

Happy for him, he was a neighbor of my cousin in westmount, and heard nothing other then he was top class human.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ex-Habs prospect John Westin is Equipment manager for Timra IK since 2018 and also conditioning coach since 2019.

Reactions: Garnet76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad