Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers) II

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Its the fourth one for me. Pulling this shit off against MacInnis and then firing that rocket right on the bottle ? Jesus f***ing christ what a goal.

The list of D and goalies he made look cheap in that video is amazing! Luongo, Fuhr, McInnis, Chara etc. (Dandenault!!)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
It was McLaren. What a dirty hit this was. Damn!

(I can't remember how to link Youtube posts)

Can you imagine, that's not even the worst thing that happened to Zednik on the ice. Guy got destroyed during his career!

Reactions: Habs13

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Can you imagine, that's not even the worst thing that happened to Zednik on the ice. Guy got destroyed during his career!

OMG!! Completely forgot that one... Always remembered the McLaren hit but somehow not that one

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
saw that Bourque who we traded for Armia, is having a pretty good season in France. I believe he was one of the ones that talked about getting out of hockey after playing in Hamilton for a little so good on him to make some coin to play.

Scherbak continues to do well in the AHL with 10 pts in 12 games so far.

Audette having a big year in Liiga is surprising, he'll be 25 in May so it will be interesting to see if he can build off this.

It's a really small sample size but another surprise is Fucale who's putting up impressive numbers but only in a few games so far.

Ghettoblaster 2nd in the Swiss league in points, Nygren 2nd in points for D, Diaz having a good year as well. Hudon at nearly a ppg over there as well.

Dietz with a career high in goals with 17

Kristo seems to be doing well in the DEL.

At 34 Emelin is having his 2nd best season ever in the KHL.

Reactions: Gyfu

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
saw that Bourque who we traded for Armia, is having a pretty good season in France. I believe he was one of the ones that talked about getting out of hockey after playing in Hamilton for a little so good on him to make some coin to play.

Scherbak continues to do well in the AHL with 10 pts in 12 games so far.

Audette having a big year in Liiga is surprising, he'll be 25 in May so it will be interesting to see if he can build off this.

It's a really small sample size but another surprise is Fucale who's putting up impressive numbers but only in a few games so far.

Ghettoblaster 2nd in the Swiss league in points, Nygren 2nd in points for D, Diaz having a good year as well. Hudon at nearly a ppg over there as well.

Dietz with a career high in goals with 17

Kristo seems to be doing well in the DEL.

At 34 Emelin is having his 2nd best season ever in the KHL.
Here's a question, would you take anyone back on the Habs from that list?

Reactions: the

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Here's a question, would you take anyone back on the Habs from that list?

i was always a big Scherbak fan despite how frustrating he could be. That said I would need to see them play to have an opinion. If Scherbak improved his defensive game, effort, matured and is working harder, then 100% I would bring him back. Fucale if he's figured out his rebound control problems, I was never a big fan and we don't have a big need there but if he's better then McNiven then get him.

We do need a goalie for the ECHL next year unless the plan is for Dichow to be there since he has no team, but I'd rather see us get an NCAA goalie like McKay and see how that goes.

Reactions: donghabs98

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Interview/podcast with Dale Weise. Interview gets on my nerves, but there's a BEAUTIFUL nugget right around 49:50

"I thought half of my NHL coaches were boneheads"

"I just don't understand why in the NHL coaches just get recycled, guys who have continued to fail, continued to get recycled... [...] And guys who were old school - times have changed!" lol

you just know he's talking about Therrien

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interview/podcast with Dale Weise. Interview gets on my nerves, but there's a BEAUTIFUL nugget right around 49:50

"I thought half of my NHL coaches were boneheads"

"I just don't understand why in the NHL coaches just get recycled, guys who have continued to fail, continued to get recycled... [...] And guys who were old school - times have changed!" lol

you just know he's talking about Therrien

I didn't hear this. But going off the quote and surmising he's talking about Therrien, I would think Weise is the last guy who should criticize Therrien. After all, he played his best hockey under MT and he often put him on the top line with DD and Max.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I didn't hear this. But going off the quote and surmising he's talking about Therrien, I would think Weise is the last guy who should criticize Therrien. After all, he played his best hockey under MT and he often put him on the top line with DD and Max.
Yeah at the very end, which I hadn't listened to when I posted this, he actually has kind words for Therrien, says he was very hard on them but always fair, and could make a difference between the hockey player and the human being.

He was not as kind about Joel Quenneville in Chicago though. Says even Stan Bowman told him he was sorry about how his stay in Chicago turned out. Big disconnect between the GM and coach.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Michael Cichy Polish Hockey League update
#47 in goals with 160. #40 is at 169.
#25 in assists with 218. #20 is 236.
#32 in points with 378. #30 at 379.

Playoffs
#15 in goals with 36. #10 at 39.
#13 in assists with 43. #10 at 46.
#13 in points with 79. #10 at 84

Currently at 3 PHL championships. Record is 11, but only 44 have 5 or more.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Yeah at the very end, which I hadn't listened to when I posted this, he actually has kind words for Therrien, says he was very hard on them but always fair, and could make a difference between the hockey player and the human being.

He was not as kind about Joel Quenneville in Chicago though. Says even Stan Bowman told him he was sorry about how his stay in Chicago turned out. Big disconnect between the GM and coach.

Damn...let’s go! About time someone put some of that respect on Michou’s name.

Dale Weise: TREMENDOUS COACH!!

Last edited:

zx81

Aug 2, 2005

DD has a good season as well in the Swiss league with 37 pts in 39 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad