Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The only thing to come out, I believe is his teammates comments of "avoiding the worst case" and sightings of Jamie without a sling. Still, he remains on IR without updates so it seems to me very likely he will not play much more if any this season. I think him playing this season is completely irrelevant.

For me, I hope that he can get his shoulder to where he can play without having to worry about injuring it. That has to start to become a creeping fear at this point. I don't know how those treatments are compared to knees, which for instance Teemu went through with great success. I'm sure it has been discussed elsewhere on hfboards by more knowledgeable individuals.

Sadly, I think the Flyers brass' decision not to give updates isn't because they don't know, but instead because they don't want to look bad.
Everyone wants to win a trade, but I was hoping Drysdale would be good and healthy and Gauthier would just be better. Hopefully Jamie comes back healthy next year.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I wouldn't read too much into the Flyers not advertising JD's condition. It's obviously more than "day to day" but why do they need to tell the world the details? Teams are usually pretty tight lipped about injuries. Look at the Ducks.

Whatever it is, here's hoping the off season helps his mending and he comes to camp 100% healthy.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Winning the trade was already likely because the Flyers were trading from a position where they had to 'Get Something' before they had nothing. The Ducks offered up their most injury prone young player. If I was Philly i'd have tried to get picks + prospects in return for Cutter but their ownership seems to want to be competitive and compete for 8th seeds like Minnesota did in the previous decade so taking a guy who can help them win games this year was more desirable even if its a injury prone guy there was still the upside Drysdale suddenly becomes durable.

If you look at Philly's injury history in the past 10 years or in their franchise history it was not a gamble I'd have made if I was them. They have so many players like the Ducks who got really unlucky with injuries. You can argue their luck with injuries is worse than the Ducks.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Was watching the pens Avs game and I could of sworn Kenny Albert said that James Wisniewski passed away?!? Can find anything on it so hoping I just misheard him

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
was watching a clip of Hyman getting his 50th goal and he was mic up, and Perry congratulating him makes me miss Perry so much. Im glad he's gotten a chance to play for a cup after we let him go, but I think this team needs a guy like him not only on the ice but in the locker room. i wonder if we give him a one day contract for him to retire a duck.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
was watching a clip of Hyman getting his 50th goal and he was mic up, and Perry congratulating him makes me miss Perry so much. Im glad he's gotten a chance to play for a cup after we let him go, but I think this team needs a guy like him not only on the ice but in the locker room. i wonder if we give him a one day contract for him to retire a duck.
If I recall correctly, wasn’t it kind of implied that Perry did not want to be a “mentor” or whatever to young players and so he didn’t want to stay?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If I recall correctly, wasn’t it kind of implied that Perry did not want to be a “mentor” or whatever to young players and so he didn’t want to stay?
that's what i remember as well. it was time for both perry and the ducks to go their separate ways and its worked out great for perry as he's reinvented himself as a valuable bottom pairing guy who can turn it up come playoff time

Reactions: DuckRogers10

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not resigning Benoit was very surprising and would have taken some of the pressure off Gudas being the only physical dman. Instead signing Haag or the rest of the garbage.
If your best argument for keeping him is that he’s a better player than a guy who played a whopping 5 games for the NHL team this season it should be easy to see why they didn’t prioritize it

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If your best argument for keeping him is that he’s a better player than a guy who played a whopping 5 games for the NHL team this season it should be easy to see why they didn’t prioritize it
I think there are plenty of arguments why we should had resigned Benoit insted of going for Hagg. Benny is a decent NHL'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad