Former Ducks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Former Anaheim Duck Kalle Kossila moved back to Finland this year to play in the KHL leaving his NHL dream behind. There was an article where he talked about his time in North America and his time in San Diego and in Anaheim. He recalls when he scored a lacrosse goal in January 2017 playing for the Gulls and the team made 10k bubbleheads of him. Murray had been in the audience in that game and four days later Kossila played his 1st NHL game. He ended up playing 19 games in the NHL scoring 2+1.

After the 1st game he got sent down immediately. Kossila had many short stints in the NHL but couldn't secure a spot in the lineup. He told that he was a bit frustrated that when he played in the NHL he was always in a small role on the 4th line and never got any PP time where he felt his strengths were. Although, he admits that if he had been a better player, maybe he would have gotten better opportunities. Kossila had good AHL seasons but couldn't do much in the NHL.

Kossila recalls one incident when Anaheim messed up when they forgot to inform him that he had been sent back to the AHL. Kossila had arrived in the Ducks dressing room when he heard the news. That's a bit embarrassing for Anaheim IMO.

Anyway, just thought I would share this 'cos there's nothing going on.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Former Anaheim Duck Kalle Kossila moved back to Finland this year to play in the KHL leaving his NHL dream behind. There was an article where he talked about his time in North America and his time in San Diego and in Anaheim. He recalls when he scored a lacrosse goal in January 2017 playing for the Gulls and the team made 10k bubbleheads of him. Murray had been in the audience in that game and four days later Kossila played his 1st NHL game. He ended up playing 19 games in the NHL scoring 2+1.

After the 1st game he got sent down immediately. Kossila had many short stints in the NHL but couldn't secure a spot in the lineup. He told that he was a bit frustrated that when he played in the NHL he was always in a small role on the 4th line and never got any PP time where he felt his strengths were. Although, he admits that if he had been a better player, maybe he would have gotten better opportunities. Kossila had good AHL seasons but couldn't do much in the NHL.

Kossila recalls one incident when Anaheim messed up when they forgot to inform him that he had been sent back to the AHL. Kossila had arrived in the Ducks dressing room when he heard the news. That's a bit embarrassing for Anaheim IMO.

Anyway, just thought I would share this 'cos there's nothing going on.

Kid couldn't even log 7 minutes in his first NHL game thanks to Carlyle. Thought he would get another shot when he signed in Toronto. It's a shame. Always like him as a player.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

well that was a nice run of skilled American forwards while it lasted.back to the era of hard working grinding Americans.

for real though- there is a lot that a guy like kesler can teach young players about hockey, determination and intensity. Most of all I’m hoping he teaches them to advocate for their personal health regarding injuries and pain in a way that he never did for himself.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope they are both black balled by the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad