Former Ducks, 2019-20

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's sad and funny that the whole highlight reel was Perry the Duck. And then to top it off, the Starts had to pay for the "gift" vacation he got. :biglaugh: The should send Bob the bill. :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Has his defense gotten even worse? Cause that’s pretty embarrassing to me that he is playing forward in the 4th line.
Previously I saw a couple of games him being paired with Dahlin. Weird pairing, Monty seemed to try and do the most offensive workload of them both. He was not bad but it was also obvious that Dahlin should be the guy.

And also Bogo is back, they are just too stacked on D. I think Miller is healthy and there's not even place for him there. They payed decent assets to trade for him this summer.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Has his defense gotten even worse? Cause that’s pretty embarrassing to me that he is playing forward in the 4th line.

His D has been fine - not outstanding but no worse than it was here. He’s playing up front because the Sabres are really short on forwards and have 5 NHL caliber RD. They’re so deep on the right side of the blueline that Colin Miller is sitting regularly.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Monty played only 11:33 as a forward but got an assist, now is riding a 3 game point streak (2+1). Overall 2+2 in 9 games, solid +5 while playing for Sabres that lost a lot of games in this stretch.

Sabres have to be looking to trade a D for F soon. Kase and Risto?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Monty played only 11:33 as a forward but got an assist, now is riding a 3 game point streak (2+1). Overall 2+2 in 9 games, solid +5 while playing for Sabres that lost a lot of games in this stretch.

Sabres have to be looking to trade a D for F soon. Kase and Risto?

Risto is playing huge minutes for them again. Of all the guys on their backend I think they are most likely to deal Miller.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Risto is playing huge minutes for them again. Of all the guys on their backend I think they are most likely to deal Miller.
Yep, that would probably be preffered for them. Although, last night Risto played under 20 mins for the first time in a long time tho. Bogo played 22+ in his return, had an assist and +1. Maybe the Sabres could think they have alternatives to Risto with whom they have had some bumby relationships (Risto has been outspokenly frustrated about the teams losing culture before (like O`Reilly before got traded)). Just speculation after speculation here, but have too keep an eye out, I could understand IF Sabres try to move Risto. And if they do, would love for Anaheim to get him.
The Sabres certainly have options to trade before Risto. I imagine Monty could be on the block as well, same as Bogo himself. Have heard Sabres fans mentioning Scandella. Miller might be tricky since the Sabres would not be willing to trade him for much less than they gave up for him a few months ago. Which would be silly but understandable at the same time.
Regardless, there should be a trade or two they make before Christmas, I imagine.

This post probably would fit better under the '"Around the league'' thread, now.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Has anyone bought Teemus book and is it worth a read? I’ve heard mixed reviews so far...

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Has anyone bought Teemus book and is it worth a read? I’ve heard mixed reviews so far...
I think much of the book is a translation of the original. But I think he said (possibly in the TSN Overdrive interview) that there is new stuff in this book.

I think logic would dictate that he wrote the best he could for the original book. No reason that story would change now. I could see him maybe adding one or more stories of some North American escapade that might seem more funny to people living here.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'd love to know how teemu felt after the ducks traded him to SJ in 01. after supposedly telling him he won't be dealt

i'm sure he was happy to be playing for a playoff team but it had to hurt too. although i guess he didn't develop any hard feelings towards the ducks since he was close to returning in '03

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
i'd love to know how teemu felt after the ducks traded him to SJ in 01. after supposedly telling him he won't be dealt

i'm sure he was happy to be playing for a playoff team but it had to hurt too. although i guess he didn't develop any hard feelings towards the ducks since he was close to returning in '03

He was still pissed about it as of 10 years ago when we sat thru a Q & A he did at Anaheim Ice. Said they lied to his face telling him he wasn't being traded, then traded him the next day. Was still feeling really bitter towards management at the time, only came back because there was different management.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He was still pissed about it as of 10 years ago when we sat thru a Q & A he did at Anaheim Ice. Said they lied to his face telling him he wasn't being traded, then traded him the next day. Was still feeling really bitter towards management at the time, only came back because there was different management.

Same thing happened to him in Winnipeg/Phoenix. He got told he would be a big part of the Yotes moving forward then got traded to the Ducks. I can definitely see why he was passed off in both cases.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
but he was about to return in '03 before he followed PK to colorado

wasn't murray the GM in 01? or was it gauthier? can't remember

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad