Former Ducks, 2019-20

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Former Ducks prospect Julius Nattinen is currently destroying Liiga after an incredibly underwhelming last year of juniors and AHL season. Wish we still had his rights, if he keeps this up he will surely draw NHL interest.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Former Ducks prospect Julius Nattinen is currently destroying Liiga after an incredibly underwhelming last year of juniors and AHL season. Wish we still had his rights, if he keeps this up he will surely draw NHL interest.

I mentioned on the prospect board, wasn’t he very injury prone when we drafted him?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Pretty bold to say a guy who finished 4th in Norris voting during his peak is better than what we are icing :laugh:
He's criminally underrated after having played with/behind who he did, and how he played in his last stint here. Dude is the 3rd best defenseman in franchise history by a country mile, with only a couple of HOFers in front of him.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
He's criminally underrated after having played with/behind who he did, and how he played in his last stint here. Dude is the 3rd best defenseman in franchise history by a country mile, with only a couple of HOFers in front of him.
Dude gets overlooked because of Pronger/Niedermayer especially in 2007, but it wasn't either of those two who led the team in ice time in the SC playoffs. And he played over half those games after having a plate put into his jaw.

To date still my favorite Duck. Loved him from the moment they traded for him. In his prime (and for most of his career) he did everything well.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Still get chills from the Beauch bomb in Game 5 that answered Alfredsson's shorty and pretty much killed any momentum the Senators would've had going into the 3rd.

What a rock he was.

Reactions: The Baffled King

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Perry with a 2 point game today according to NHL.com which includes that breakaway goal.

giphy.gif

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Hope he gets the help he needs. From some of the stuff rumored to be going on while he was here I can't say I'm too surprised.

Reactions: Magnus the Duck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
one of my all time favorite ducks goals is #3 from ryan's hat trick. also, love how loud the ducks fans were at staples in those years after the ducks cup win

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I've always liked Bobby, but also heard some (general) behind the scenes stuff in the early days with the Ducks that indicated he might have some personal problems, which undoubtedly had an impact on this play/development. I hated to see him leave the Ducks, but I also think it was a good move for the club.

I hoped to run into him in Idaho when I lived in Teton Valley several years ago, but never did. Several of the local establishments have signed memorabilia of his on the walls, etc.

anyway, I wish him the best.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I've always liked Bobby, but also heard some (general) behind the scenes stuff in the early days with the Ducks that indicated he might have some personal problems, which undoubtedly had an impact on this play/development. I hated to see him leave the Ducks, but I also think it was a good move for the club.

I hoped to run into him in Idaho when I lived in Teton Valley several years ago, but never did. Several of the local establishments have signed memorabilia of his on the walls, etc.

anyway, I wish him the best.
i think he developed just fine

30+ goals 4 seasons in a row. then had a couple decent seasons in ottawa before completely dropping off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad