Former Canucks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Gaudette no points and already a -1 en counting so far tonight, what a nightmare player, we clearly won that trade. Smart trade Jimbo

Canucks-NHLFreeAgency-Press-Conference-with-Jim-Benning-July-01-2016.jpg

Reactions: LordBacon

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Would love for Gaudette to become a star with the Blackhawks.

I remember the Flyers making an equally stupid move selling low on Patrick Sharp and tossing him out for Matt Ellison and a 3rd round pick.

Benning's bread and butter is selling off young players before they breakout.
See: McCann, Forsling, and Kassian.

I hope Madden also becomes an NHL regular for the Kings.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Not re-signing Toffoli who wanted to come back for less than the cost of our backup goalie might be Benning’s worst move yet. Add in what we traded for the guy and it’s even worse. Could have fit him in without our crappy off ice disaster winger and another small contract too. Incredible.

Who cares, we got Abbotsford biggest celebrity since the BACON brothers.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Looks like Gaudette was having a (digestive) medical condition that is resolved now. Now I'm a bit scared that Patient Zero...er... Gaudette will reach his potential...

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Briefly former Canuck Nic Dowd drops the gloves on the opening line brawl in NY tonite. Dirt cheap 4th line centre with more goals than LE, Beagle, Jake and Roussel combined. Think we could use a player like that

How is that not embarrassing? 15 million ......

Last edited:

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
How is it that Benning targets all the wrong age gappers, and gives out ones that work out? This guy operates like a brain-injured Inspector Gadget. Fumbles everything, and the work of somebody else always saves his ass - and Benning thinks he's the one doing it all. Bet Gaudette torches us once schedules get back to normal.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Thought chicago was the nhl city where players came down with ailments not get cured from them.

To be fair that article is giving credit to the Canucks for the cure. We shipped him off after he was cured. :thumbu:

ekimbo

Sep 28, 2009
To be fair that article is giving credit to the Canucks for the cure. We shipped him off after he was cured. :thumbu:

to be fair... this statement isn't really true. He sent blood test results to his former classmate in Massachusetts who identified the issue.

Reactions: F A N

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Briefly former Canuck Nic Dowd drops the gloves on the opening line brawl in NY tonite. Dirt cheap 4th line centre with more goals than LE, Beagle, Jake and Roussel combined. Think we could use a player like that

How is that not embarrassing? 15 million ......
Yes, but it's not like we could have had him on our tea . . . oh, wait, nevermind . .

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yessiree....at one time the Canucks the absolutely perfect third line center in Nick Bonino; and a solid fourth line center in Nic Dowd....and both guys on cost-controlled, affordable contracts.

But Jimbo managed to turn them into Beagle and Sutter; along with a $7.2 cap hit.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Yessiree....at one time the Canucks the absolutely perfect third line center in Nick Bonino; and a solid fourth line center in Nic Dowd....and both guys on cost-controlled, affordable contracts.

But Jimbo managed to turn them into Beagle and Sutter; along with a $7.2 cap hit.

Best part is, we could have just held on to McCann, who just had a 3 point night tonight. 35 points in 43 games now, which is a 67 point pace in an 82 game season.

But hey, we only:
  • Dumped another high 2nd
  • Swapped a 4th for a 5th
  • Gave away Gustav Forsling for Clendening, who it took the regime 3 months to figure out he sucked because pro scouting is overrated
  • And swapped another 2nd rounder we got for Bieksa to get a 3rd we traded away a lifetime ago for Pedan
...just to turn cost-controlled Bonino and McCann into overpaid Sutter and Pearson. Total disgrace from a cap and asset management standpoint.

#ThankYouJim

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
If he continues on this current rapid ascension. This thread is going to be insane next year.

Jared Mccann is on one this year
from an underlying numbers standpoint he is absolutely bossing right now

im pretty blown away
and I think we could see an absolute breakout next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad