FORMER Canucks thread Part TWO

Which current Canucks are you looking forward to been part of this thread

• Total voters

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Has this team EVER had four top 4 D that were acquired by DimJim?

But Gillis!

When did I bring up Gillis? Mike Gillis is workin for the NHLPA kissing some much needed ass to get back some favours from the notorious powers that be...let him work.

I already said numerous times about Mike Gillis tenure here and his future, he needs to pucker up his lips and kiss major ass to get some people on his side.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
When did I bring up Gillis? Mike Gillis is workin for the NHLPA kissing some much needed ass to get back some favours from the notorious powers that be...let him work.

I already said numerous times about Mike Gillis tenure here and his future, he needs to pucker up his lips and kiss major ass to get some people on his side.

Warning: what has been seen cannot be unseen

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Stetcher is bottom pairing and Hutton was shit, all he did was party.
Which is a direct reflection of the fractured state of the Canucks locker room culture.

There was no handover from the Sedins because FO ducked it up so badly by drafting Jake.

Imagine if it had been Ehlers or Nylander learning from the Sedins.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

That's a cool video. Just have a bone to pick with the kind of distasteful shot at Mike Gillis in it though.

"...You don't only support them when they're at the top of their game, you support them when they're not feeling good. " Mr. Gillis then sent Rick to the minors and soon after traded him to the Winnipeg Jets.

Rick was given an indefinite leave of absence by the team for personal reasons (not sent to the minors.) Rick signed with the Jets in the 2011 off season. (He wasn't traded.)

Just the way the video creator framed it like Gillis and the canucks were saying one thing and dumping Rick in the next breath.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Stetcher is bottom pairing and Hutton was shit, all he did was party.

I don't know what Twitter says but they were bottom pairing guys who could fill in for second pairing duty when injuries hit. #5 dmen with a closer tilt to being a #4 than a #6, where as the guys Benning usually brought in were #6's who were closer to being #7's than #5's.

Reactions: ekimbo

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Toffoli - McCann - Gagner
Leivo- Bonino - Kassian
Roussel - Beagle - Eriksson
Gaunce - Boyd - Gaudette
Lind - Dowd - Virtanen
Vesey - Richardson

Edler - Tanev
Schmidt - Stetcher
Del Zotto - Hutton
Forsling - Rafferty
Beiga - Gudbranson
Benn - Sbisa

Markstrom - Holtby

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver

I found this old fight video that I thought was pretty interesting, I was born in the 90s and haven't watched much of the old-school Canucks. Smyl looks angry as hell!

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
You mean he was Steamed? :sarcasm:
Is that where the nickname Steamer comes from? Would commentators say stuff like "the Steamer is steamed!"

I honestly don't know just because I've never really watched many old videos of him or even heard people talk much about him.

I just started watching this video, seems pretty good as far as explaining what type of player he was.

Reactions: F A N

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Is that where the nickname Steamer comes from? Would commentators say stuff like "the Steamer is steamed!"

I honestly don't know just because I've never really watched many old videos of him or even heard people talk much about him.

I just started watching this video, seems pretty good as far as explaining what type of player he was.

or his linemate (Smyl-Gradin-Fraser line):

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Steamers hot dogs are the shit. Especially the Croque Monsieur dog but I'm not sure if it's still on the menu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad