FORMER Canucks thread Part TWO

Which current Canucks are you looking forward to been part of this thread

• Total voters

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I picture Edler enjoying his time in LA for the next couple years after being in such a hockey-crazy market for the last 15 years. I'm sure he'll enjoy the California lifestyle/weather.

Good on him, can't wait to see him back in Vancouver in December.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Watch Edler get healthy scratched in LA.

This board overrates him like crazy.

I think he's still a 4/5 guy on a steady decline. Certainly he's not the 2/3 guy some think he is. Though I'm not sure if people really think that or just think that even with his declining play he's still better than any of the blueliners brought in over the last week...which is where I fall. Same thing with Tanev last year.

Reactions: Mr4legs and vanuck

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
So Jasek signed in Finland, but I see that CapFriendly still has him listed as an RFA. Does that mean he got a qualifying offer and is still Canucks property?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Was that in response to my question? I was wondering if Jasek was a former Canuck or not, and I thought it was the right place to ask. Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
with baertschi getting signed today and gagner getting an extension, you have to wonder how this impacts the reputation of this team. both those players were exiled from the nhl by us years ago, yet here they are both still in the nhl. hard not to see them as having been unfairly having their careers interrupted and even scapegoated to allow the the organization to acquire new toys.

Baertschi signed a two-way deal and Gagner signed for 850k. Giving them those 3x3 contracts in the first place will tarnish Jim's reputation more than giving up on them as neither is much of an asset. (I didn't mind the Baertschi contract when it was signed, was wrong on that one.)

Meanwhile, Josh Leivo, a solid acquisition for basically nothing but one of the more star-crossed players in recent years, signed for 750k today with Carolina. Whipping boy of a coach who seems at least to have his toe on the line of sociopathic territory, finally was freed and was playing solidly here until crosschecked from behind and having his kneecap smashed like someone who had fallen into disfavour with the mafia. Wishing him good luck as he's due for some.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Watch Edler get healthy scratched in LA.

This board overrates him like crazy.

Lol. No way this happens unless Edler's game massively drops off. The chances of Edler being a healthy scratched is like 5-10%.

Reactions: Peter10

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Well, a 30 year old OEL is better than a 35 year old Edler.

Question remains whether a 30 year old OEL is better than a 30 year old Edler. That's the 10 million dollar question.
Edler was better overall. But OEL will continue to develop his defensive IQ... As most dmen do...
We will see the best of defensive OEL.. not the best of offensive OEL.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Baertschi signed a two-way deal and Gagner signed for 850k. Giving them those 3x3 contracts in the first place will tarnish Jim's reputation more than giving up on them as neither is much of an asset. (I didn't mind the Baertschi contract when it was signed, was wrong on that one.)

Meanwhile, Josh Leivo, a solid acquisition for basically nothing but one of the more star-crossed players in recent years, signed for 750k today with Carolina. Whipping boy of a coach who seems at least to have his toe on the line of sociopathic territory, finally was freed and was playing solidly here until crosschecked from behind and having his kneecap smashed like someone who had fallen into disfavour with the mafia. Wishing him good luck as he's due for some.

baertschi's deal was fine except for the concussions. i don't know enough about the medical information we had to know what risk we knew we were running. i was discussing the way we banished him and gave him no more chance to make the team. however, i did not realize he signed a 2-way with vegas and not a one way. that certainly changes my perspective and i would change my earlier comment. a one way would tell me another team sees him as a good bet to still be an nhl player, which he has not really had a chance to prove for two years. a two way really does not mean much. he is certainly able to contribute in the ahl.

as for leivo, i hope he finally finds a niche. he was well on his way with us until that injury and then cap trouble slammed the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad