FORMER Canucks thread Part TWO

Which current Canucks are you looking forward to been part of this thread

• Total voters

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Every guy on this list is either a UFA or has only one year remaining on their contracts. So even if they're not bought out, they'll be buried in the minors, which has the same effect.

The guy for me is Tyler Myers, who still has debilitating term on his contract and is an analytics nightmare. But the contract is untradeable, and even if he was left unprotected, Ron Francis and the Kraken would never be foolish enough to take him.

So it's just wishful thinking that he's going anywhere.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
10 Years Ago we were about to finish the crushing of the Sharks.

I wonder where those players thought they were going to be by n0w. Look at the names. What a titanic juggernaut of a team, its too bad the NHL basically stole the Cup from us.

I wonder what a guy like Edler is thinking. I cannot imagine that 10 years ago he envisioned the catastrophic meltdown initiated by the former management group that has only continued to today. This time a decade ago he had to have thought they would be doing it at least a few more times.

Did Bieksa see himself as basically having replaced Don Cherry as HNIC's headline analyst? He's way better than that Cherry btw.

Kesler as managing a myriad of health problems?

Torres? Probably in jail somewhere lmao.

I hope the Sedins do find a way to right the ship in management. Listening to what Drance has been saying about them, I really do think they could be the right guys for the job. Given some seasoning and a good position and environment for them to learn, of course.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Unfortunately the prime 2009-2012 years occured during the Blackhawks and Kings prime years. Also unfortunate that many star players peaked too late. Our core players were hitting 30 by 2011 (aside from Kesler and Edler)

Tampa's core is now reaching their late 20s. Feels like they been around forever.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Unfortunately the prime 2009-2012 years occured during the Blackhawks and Kings prime years. Also unfortunate that many star players peaked too late. Our core players were hitting 30 by 2011 (aside from Kesler and Edler)
I don't think I have ever seen a franchise so completely destroy another one like what the Kings did to us. Boston? Meh. Chicago? Meh. the Kings literally sent us back to the stone age in 5 quick games. Kudos to them.

Also if not for the bad Hamhuis blowout in overtime, we win that series and the Cup.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Tampa's core is now reaching their late 20s. Feels like they been around forever.
Art Ross trophy winner got elbowed in the head by the gutless coward Duncan Keith.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Art Ross trophy winner got elbowed in the head by the gutless coward Duncan Keith.
Keith was a bitch, but winning the PT and drawing the best #8 seed team in NHL history didn't help matters. LA got Richards and Carter, Calgary and Dallas had an opportunity to displace them as the #8 seed and both teams literally crapped out.

That 2012 team beats either Dallas or Calgary in round 1, then has a clear path to the finals (Nashville, Arizona or Blues) to face an undermanned New Jersey team. Instead, they drew a f***ing juggernaut for winning the damn PT.

Such is luck.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Eriksson, Sutter, Holtby, Roussell, Beagle, Virtanen, Baertschi, Spooner along with Luongo Cap penalty are all gone by next season anyway. The one I'm still pissed about is Pearson why was a aging slow middle 6'r even signed? Does any team even come close to the junk with so much cap space wasted as us ever??

Yes Jimbo your doing a great job you have our vote of confidence.
Signed, Aquafool

Reactions: mossey3535

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
This was deleted from another thread and I am sure it was just because I put it in the management thread.

I thought Ryan Miller retired... does anyone think he would be good in a management capacity.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
This was deleted from another thread and I am sure it was just because I put it in the management thread.

I thought Ryan Miller retired... does anyone think he would be good in a management capacity.
Maybe as a Goalie Coach. Other stuff i would rather wait and give him a few years working up the coaching ladder. Even assuming he is a good goalie coach.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Forsling led all Panthers in TOI with 23:26, all but 29 seconds of that at even strength. It's such a wild story.

Remember when Gudbranson was logging all those minutes for the Panthers in the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad