FORMER Canucks thread Part TWO

Which current Canucks are you looking forward to been part of this thread

• Total voters

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Steamer nickname came from the Stanley Steamer.

Stanley Steamer was an alternate fuel vehicle in 1923. At the turn of the 19th century steam-powered automobiles were more prevalent than those with internal combustion engines. A steam boiler with a diameter 23" produced the steam that powered the vehicle. The boiler's nominal operating steam pressure is 600 pounds.

Really good to know that Bob Manno was one of the Canuck's most eligible bachelors back in the day.
upload_2021-8-23_13-37-12.jpeg
s-l400.jpg

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
DEL leading goal scorer of 19-20 season Borna Rendulic has re-signed with Adler Mannheim

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
DEL leading goal scorer of 19-20 season Borna Rendulic has re-signed with Adler Mannheim

Technically he went to play in Sweden last season so it would be a signing rather than re-signing? Looks like he's having a decent career in Europe.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Here's a former Canuck, brought in for leadership and mentoring, interacting with a female fan:

You wonder how he is in the locker room. I mean I suppose he earned his stripes on the ice leaving everything on the ice and coming to the aid of his teammates. Even when we let him go the Leafs brought him in to lend his leadership and "character."

Certainly I've only heard good things about Prust as a teammate before he came here. Has anyone heard different? But people do change. Maybe his celebrity status in Montreal got to his head.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Just gotta say, I'm so disappointed that of the 4 players I picked, the only one who is no longer a Canuck is Virtanen.

But that was kind forced upon management anyways.

I gotta learn to vote better.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
You wonder how he is in the locker room. I mean I suppose he earned his stripes on the ice leaving everything on the ice and coming to the aid of his teammates. Even when we let him go the Leafs brought him in to lend his leadership and "character."

Certainly I've only heard good things about Prust as a teammate before he came here. Has anyone heard different? But people do change. Maybe his celebrity status in Montreal got to his head.

I wonder if he wasn't this far gone during his playing career and it wasn't until he retired had nothing but time to golf and fall into an echo chamber of thoughts and ideas on twitter, other social media, and the internet in general. Combine that with some TBI over the course of his career and you've got someone overly susceptible, naive, and vulnerable.

Another example of this is Dustin Penner. Wow, what a shit show his twitter feed is.

Reactions: mathonwy and F A N

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Virtanen( if guilty), Leipsic, and Prust are the only Canucks brought in during the Benning era that I dislike personally. Everyone else seemed like good people, or at the very least I can't tell if they are total douchebags without out actually meeting them like Prust.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Just gotta say, I'm so disappointed that of the 4 players I picked, the only one who is no longer a Canuck is Virtanen.

But that was kind forced upon management anyways.

I gotta learn to vote better.
Sutter Myers Jake?

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Add Pearson. FML.
I guessed three when you mentioned four. And I read your post.

I gotta learn to remember shit better.

To be fair to me, when I saw Pearson on the list I thought you meant him but I had already committed to Myers and Sutter and knew Jake was one of them.

Reactions: Javaman

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I wonder if he wasn't this far gone during his playing career and it wasn't until he retired had nothing but time to golf and fall into an echo chamber of thoughts and ideas on twitter, other social media, and the internet in general. Combine that with some TBI over the course of his career and you've got someone overly susceptible, naive, and vulnerable.

Another example of this is Dustin Penner. Wow, what a shit show his twitter feed is.

Good points. There were cracks showing though in his time here. Didn't he voice his displeasure when Green wanted to sit him against the Rangers?

It is possible that he was already having marriage problems then and he had his divorce. Divorce can really F up a person. But hey why am I making excuses for him? This could be the real him it's just that when he was preoccupied with hockey he wasn't as extreme and had more tact.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Good points. There were cracks showing though in his time here. Didn't he voice his displeasure when Green wanted to sit him against the Rangers?

It is possible that he was already having marriage problems then and he had his divorce. Divorce can really F up a person. But hey why am I making excuses for him? This could be the real him it's just that when he was preoccupied with hockey he wasn't as extreme and had more tact.
He still bitches about his tenure with the canucks as if he didn’t look like an AHL 4th liner while he played here lol

Reactions: vanuck and F A N

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Holy crap.

Twitter is so toxic.

Reactions: F A N

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
I'm curious if anyone here remembers or knows anything about Alan MacAdam's time as a Canuck. From just looking up his name, I can see he was a star forward for the North Stars and then ended up being traded to Vancouver in 1984 for Harold Snepsts.

Was he any good for us? It's just interesting to me because it sounds like he was a star in Minnesota, even winning the Masterton trophy in 1980, but I've never heard him mentioned in Canucks lore. On Wikipedia it says that he wasn't able to meet the expectations of being traded for Snepsts, and retired shortly after being assigned to the minors (by the Canucks, I assume).

514GhKld46L._AC_SX342_.jpg

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Jordie Benn gets a 2m/2y deal from uncle Jimbo and a 900k/1 year deal from the Wild.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I'm curious if anyone here remembers or knows anything about Alan MacAdam's time as a Canuck. From just looking up his name, I can see he was a star forward for the North Stars and then ended up being traded to Vancouver in 1984 for Harold Snepsts.

Was he any good for us? It's just interesting to me because it sounds like he was a star in Minnesota, even winning the Masterton trophy in 1980, but I've never heard him mentioned in Canucks lore. On Wikipedia it says that he wasn't able to meet the expectations of being traded for Snepsts, and retired shortly after being assigned to the minors (by the Canucks, I assume).

514GhKld46L._AC_SX342_.jpg

Is Al the only former Cleveland Baron to ever play for the Canucks?

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
Is Al the only former Cleveland Baron to ever play for the Canucks?
Surprisingly no, there was also Kris Manery, Mike Christie, and Randy Holt. Rick Jodzio also played for the WHA Vancouver Blazers and Frank Spring is from Cranbrook, BC.

Kris Manery
KPq6kcf0lv4-h2HHx-QqivbRVKd2KGqlo16hXUVkKcAkCZdCS6B3SxiVaWZsng4hqB7BEE3KL7jZ2lex4lUT1whyslj2E3g0i0aCLK_zQrR057enLMBQhIpsqKGzOWMOAhsb

Randy Holt
(that's him reaching for the puck)
73533136_1162983584090309_4802510680949260288_n.jpg

sc000d4768.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kaiser matias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad