Former Canucks: Players & Management (Willie Desjardins fired by Kings, COO Victor De Bonis to SEA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
My god Tkachuk really is a rich man’s Matt Cooke. Disgusting type of player that I’m happy doesn’t represent this city even if it means we picked a bust over him. Great work by Kassian to give him what he had coming. I would mind bringing Zack back, we need more of what he brings on the ice.

You think Juolevi is a bust already? :laugh:

Reactions: Peter10

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Well yeah, he is producing almost the same P/G average as Cooke and Avery combined over their careers, so you kind of have a point here.

It’s not about the points dude. Would Cooke or Avery be any less disgusting if they were a bit more skilled and scored some more points? I would have the same opinion of them

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It’s not about the points dude. Would Cooke or Avery be any less disgusting if they were a bit more skilled and scored some more points? I would have the same opinion of them

Who cares if we win a Cup as a result of it. You think Boston hates Marchand since he got them a Cup? You really think we'd hate Burrows/Kesler, especially if we won a Cup with them?

Taking the moral high ground in an inherently violent sport over winning a championship is a silly position to take.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Who cares if we win a Cup as a result of it. You think Boston hates Marchand since he got them a Cup? You really think we'd hate Burrows/Kesler, especially if we won a Cup with them?

Taking the moral high ground in an inherently violent sport over winning a championship is a silly position to take.

I don’t think Boston won the cup because Marchand was a POS and now that he’s a well known POS I guarantee he won’t ever win the cup. The hockey gods are real and they agree with me about dirty players. Show me 1 dirty player in the modern era that won the cup on a team that wouldn’t have won without them being dirty.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don’t think Boston won the cup because Marchand was a POS and now that he’s a well known POS I guarantee he won’t ever win the cup. The hockey gods are real and they agree with me about dirty players. Show me 1 dirty player in the modern era that won the cup on a team that wouldn’t have won without them being dirty.

That’s not what we are discussing, though. You said you’d rather take nothing (a bust) over Tkachuk, a player with skill/productivity and a POS. Marchand fits that same description. He was a POS during those playoffs, punching Daniel in the face between whistles.

Once again, I’ll take the POS if they are good at hockey and can help win a Cup.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

You making it a bit of a challenge to respond in a serious way. How often to do you pray to the hockey gods? Do you make any sacrifice to them? Burning a cross made out of wooden hockey sticks every Sunday?

Seriously, how much did you hate Kesler and Burrows? Or was that before your time?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
That’s not what we are discussing, though. You said you’d rather take nothing (a bust) over Tkachuk, a player with skill/productivity and a POS. Marchand fits that same description. He was a POS during those playoffs, punching Daniel in the face between whistles.

Once again, I’ll take the POS if they are good at hockey and can help win a Cup.

We had more POS’s. Kessler, Burrows, Lapierre, Torres we’re much worse than Marchand who was just a rookie at the time and wasn’t as far progressed into his role as a PoS at the time

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
You making it a bit of a challenge to respond in a serious way. How often to do you pray to the hockey gods? Do you make any sacrifice to them? Burning a cross made out of wooden hockey sticks every Sunday?

Seriously, how much did you hate Kesler and Burrows? Or was that before your time?

I loved them for their good hockey skills but I was embarrassed and ashamed when they did dirty stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia