Former Canucks: Players & Management (Willie Desjardins fired by Kings, COO Victor De Bonis to SEA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Don’t know if anyone read this in the Vancouver Sun on Cody Hodgson. It explains a lot as to why he regressed and retired.

Ex-Canuck Cody Hodgson releasing documentary about genetic disorder that ended his NHL career

A year ago, Hodgson revealed to Sportsnet he was diagnosed with malignant hyperthermia, caused by a genetic mutation of the RYR-1 gene. In his case affects his muscular system and seems to be triggered by prolonged exercise.
Doctors had told him he couldn’t play anymore.
His final season was a literal struggle, he says in the trailer for the documentary.
“I was having trouble breathing i was blacking out and my muscles were extremely tight. My whole body was just shaking,” he says.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Willie D to be HEAD COACH for the Kings :laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Willie is a bad coach. BUT, Prust and Sestito should be happy they collected an NHL salary at all during the time he was their coach given neither was a NHL player. Well maybe they should thank Lindenning.

Reactions: Hit the post

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Victor de Bonis hired by the Seattle NHL organization as COO. Also, it sounds like there are rumours that they may lean towards bringing on Mike Gillis to run their hockey ops department.

They're gonna run our shit for the next decade aren't they.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
MacKenze Stewart retired

And then last week Walleye defenseman Mackenze Stewart, who was signed in the off-season to be a key cog on the blue line, unexpectedly retired. Stewart, who appeared in two games for Toledo, retired to pursue a business opportunity.

Walleye coach Dan Watson was frustrated by the surprise phone call late last Thursday.

“We had no inkling,” he said.
Walleye Weigh-In: 'Team Toughness' added to speed and skill

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Brent Sopel was on the Spittin' Chiclets Podcast and had an interesting - but profanity laden - story about his relationship with Marc Crawford. Pass it to Bulis tweeted it, I'd recommend it. Bizarre.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Brent Sopel was on the Spittin' Chiclets Podcast and had an interesting - but profanity laden - story about his relationship with Marc Crawford. Pass it to Bulis tweeted it, I'd recommend it. Bizarre.

If that's true, I'm surprised it took that long for that information to come out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia