Former Canucks: Players & Management - Part 2 (The Ben Hutton Sweepstakes are over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
So what are you gonna do about it?

You gonna let me run my mouth or are you gonna put me in my place?
That poster refuses to actually discuss any of the content of posts.

They’ll grab on to a semantic part of the discussion to dispute it.

Thus deflecting the actual subject.

Then when you ask him to dispute with evidence there is no interest in that.

He wants to you to not say fact but instead to say “based on this empirical evidence I believe ... blah blah”.

Then you won’t even see him reply. Because there isn’t any interest in the discussion just semantics.

Rinse repeat.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
That poster refuses to actually discuss any of the content of posts.

They’ll grab on to a semantic part of the discussion to dispute it.

Thus deflecting the actual subject.

Then when you ask him to dispute with evidence there is no interest in that.

He wants to you to not say fact but instead to say “based on this empirical evidence I believe ... blah blah”.

Then you won’t even see him reply. Because there isn’t any interest in the discussion just semantics.

Rinse repeat.
Oh I know that.

Hence the fight me irl response.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Kassian scores the 3-1 goal on the Rangers, assisted by Mcdavid and Draisatl. Obvi his stats are up cause of his teammates but is making the MOST of the chances, hes there he pounds away he takes a beating but he is quite effective there. Meanwhile hows Prust and the 5th doing??????? :facepalm:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Kassian scores the 3-1 goal on the Rangers, assisted by Mcdavid and Draisatl. Obvi his stats are up cause of his teammates but is making the MOST of the chances, hes there he pounds away he takes a beating but he is quite effective there. Meanwhile hows Prust and the 5th doing??????? :facepalm:

The Canucks added the 5th, they didn’t receive one.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
The situation boils down to Bertuzzi swinging at Moore's head from behind, and to some extent on whether he could have avoided falling directly on him when the play died. It was reckless and the consequences were terrible, but I don't think the man is evil or should be pushed out of the league.

I do. I think he's human garbage and not only should have been banned from hockey for life but also prevented from even entering the USA ever again. Guess that makes me a "bad Canuck fan" but so be it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Canucks added the 5th, they didn’t receive one.
Yeah i sometimes forget and mix that up since we got the much worse player. At least we got the experience to build a winning culture with Prust :shakehead

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I do. I think he's human garbage and not only should have been banned from hockey for life but also prevented from even entering the USA ever again. Guess that makes me a "bad Canuck fan" but so be it.
So you support Willie D but can't stand Beruzzi, Burrows, Kesler etc

You're not a bad Canucks fan, you're just clearly an Oilers fan.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
So you support Willie D but can't stand Beruzzi, Burrows, Kesler etc

You're not a bad Canucks fan, you're just clearly an Oilers fan.

Ah the most common retort that I get ("you're just a Flames/Oilers/Leafs/whatever-team-Vancouver-just-lost-to-in-the-playoffs fan") from Canuck fans whose moral compasses point due south. Thank You.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

How was Bertuzzi’s punch on Moore any worse than Bure’s mother of all elbows on Shane Churla? Is Pavel Bure human garbage too?

Reactions: MS

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
You are #1 poster.

MTB4PM

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019

Kassian scores today?

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Ah the most common retort that I get ("you're just a Flames/Oilers/Leafs/whatever-team-Vancouver-just-lost-to-in-the-playoffs fan") from Canuck fans whose moral compasses point due south. Thank You.
Don't forget that I also think you are a relative to Willie D.

Reactions: I am toxic

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Kassian is indeed an alcoholic. One management team was doing their best to support him and another one came in and really couldn’t be bothered. Whether you think that’s the right decision or not that is what happened. But I’ll tell you one thing there is a new member of this team that needed similar support from his team at the time. That team and coach turned that kids career around by not washing their hands of him and his problems. That was the Flames, Hartley and Michael Ferland.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Kassian is indeed an alcoholic. One management team was doing their best to support him and another one came in and really couldn’t be bothered. Whether you think that’s the right decision or not that is what happened. But I’ll tell you one thing there is a new member of this team that needed similar support from his team at the time. That team and coach turned that kids career around by not washing their hands of him and his problems. That was the Flames, Hartley and Michael Ferland.

Didn’t he sign a contract extension with new management?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Tty2JOZ.png

How about those numbers!

Atta boy Zacky. Always believed in ya!
u0QnjHv.gif

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Tty2JOZ.png

How about those numbers!

Atta boy Zacky. Always believed in ya!
u0QnjHv.gif

It is heartening to see Zach seemingly in control of his life and thriving once again at hockey. I was thrilled when we traded for him but that faded as he slowly turned into a bit of a loose cannon, perhaps in an attempt to become Bert v 2.0 which is seemingly what this entire fanbase wanted him to become. I approved of the trade (but not the return) when we jettisoned him and was saddened by his brief stint in Montreal so I have to say that I'm really happy for him... that is except when we play against him. Then he's a pain in the ass. Good for him...

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It is heartening to see Zach seemingly in control of his life and thriving once again at hockey. I was thrilled when we traded for him but that faded as he slowly turned into a bit of a loose cannon, perhaps in an attempt to become Bert v 2.0 which is seemingly what this entire fanbase wanted him to become. I approved of the trade (but not the return) when we jettisoned him and was saddened by his brief stint in Montreal so I have to say that I'm really happy for him... that is except when we play against him. Then he's a pain in the ass. Good for him...

WD wanted him to be a power forward and drive the net.

Zack Kassian is a playmaking winger.

Always has been, always will be.

Driving the net is not what Zack does.

Drive deep and fast to create space and then button hook to set up the play and he can do it because he's got a really nice pair of mitts.

For sure it's good for him. It's always nice to see players who have taken the hard road succeed.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
You said it, I didn't.

"Inference: Considering the type of emotional wear-his-heart-on-his-sleeve "toolsy" type of person Kass is, it really isn't much of a stretch to infer that Kass going off the rails in his personal life just MIGHT be connected to Kass being treated unfairly by the god of his world and that's WD."

So exactly what do you mean here? I'm starting to wonder if there is ANYTHING negative that has happened to this team in the last decade or so that you don't blame Willie D, for...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad