Former Canucks: Players & Management - Part 2 (The Ben Hutton Sweepstakes are over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Oh I thought you meant Willie Mitchell, after all you hate Willie D. don't you?
Thats fine it happens. Willie D seems like a nice guy, maybe not a good NHL coach tho

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
My position has always been that Desjardins will get my respect as a person because he has a background in education and social work; my mistake was believing that his original vocation would translate to success in his current one

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
If Willie was still around Quinn Hughes would have got zero PP time and zero shifts in overtimes. Can you imagine Willie with both Hughes next year?

Definitely agree. Fire Willie after we get both Hughes brothers.
Instead we're stuck in middle ground rebuild which is only going to prolong the suffering of missing the playoffs.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
My position has always been that Desjardins will get my respect as a person because he has a background in education and social work; my mistake was believing that his original vocation would translate to success in his current one

I could be wrong but always thought he just started his coaching career too late and was too old to learn/adapt to the NHL.

I'm assuming that coaching in the NHL is a very different game than the AHL, and worlds different than the CHL. Most coaches are former players that have hung them up and get a gig at the lower level in their late 20's to mid-late 30's. Desjardins on the other hand started with Medicine Hat at age 45, and was there for 8 years before moving up the ladder. I think that's how you create a guy who can be great at the lower levels but completely inept in the big league.

Reactions: Hit the post

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I could be wrong but always thought he just started his coaching career too late and was too old to learn/adapt to the NHL.

I'm assuming that coaching in the NHL is a very different game than the AHL, and worlds different than the CHL. Most coaches are former players that have hung them up and get a gig at the lower level in their late 20's to mid-late 30's. Desjardins on the other hand started with Medicine Hat at age 45, and was there for 8 years before moving up the ladder. I think that's how you create a guy who can be great at the lower levels but completely inept in the big league.
Fair assessment.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Gudbranson with the solid dump in

Looks quite different

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Just did a quick look up on Dahlen

4 pts (all assists) in 7 games
Yeah, he has only played 7 games since traded
That’s a 46 pts pace if you really want to use the sample size, which is roughly the same as his pace with Utica

I think he returns to Sweden in 2020 after failing to become a bel regular

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Just did a quick look up on Dahlen

4 pts (all assists) in 7 games
Yeah, he has only played 7 games since traded
That’s a 46 pts pace if you really want to use the sample size, which is roughly the same as his pace with Utica

I think he returns to Sweden in 2020 after failing to become a bel regular

He's injured (in case you were thinking he was a healthy scratch).

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

He's been coaching hockey since 1985 and started in the WHL with Saskatoon.

I'm far from an apologist for him and agree with the sentiment he was promoted too late, but this wasn't accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad