<Jonathan Ferland
<Joe Juneau
<Bulis
<Brunet
<Yves Racine

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
He was sill better than a 1st round pick. Remember Habs of that era could not pick worth a darn when it came to 1st rounders.

Now if we could repeat the earlier years 1st rounders like
1971 Guy Lafleur
1972 Steve Schutt
1973 Bob Gainey
We'd be golden:handclap:

I know it's nitpicking but it was Rod Schutt and Steve Shutt.:laugh:

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
He never quite looked right outside of a canucks uniform. It was just a weird sight.

When he was healthy, I recall perhaps the biggest line that the habs have formed in the last 15 years. Zubrus-Linden-Stevenson.

I have to agree. It's is kind of funny that his letter and name are peeling off my wifes jersey, and this was an official jersey. Once all those numbers and name are gone, I have to put a new 17 on there!

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
I have to add this name..

Mario Roberge

I remember back in the 90s (yeah dating myself here), the pesky Bruins were stirring up **** back then. We called him up to quiet their excitement.

Years later I was at the rookie game at the Gut in Burlington, Vermont. Habs didn't have enough rookies so they called up some AHL scrubs...Mario being one of them.

Rangers scum were running around reckless on our rookies. Habs sent out Mario. It was awesome to see how smooth he skated compared to our rookies, and that was from a "goon". At one point one of the rangers goons beat the piss out of one of the Habs rookies. Mario turned towards him and hit him. The Rags goon looked like he was ******** his pants and skated away. Much respect to this guy.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Robert Lang is a very good choice, but the question was "What players do you always forget were once Habs?"

I certainly haven't forgotten Lang.

To answer the question properly, I had to review past rosters. The players I'd forgotten were once Habs:

Tony Esposito
Larry Pleau
Carol Vadnais
Andrew Cassels
Ron Tugnutt
Donald Brashear
Darcy Tucker
Andy Moog
Niklas Sundstrom

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I have to add this name..

Mario Roberge

I remember back in the 90s (yeah dating myself here), the pesky Bruins were stirring up **** back then. We called him up to quiet their excitement.

Years later I was at the rookie game at the Gut in Burlington, Vermont. Habs didn't have enough rookies so they called up some AHL scrubs...Mario being one of them.

Rangers scum were running around reckless on our rookies. Habs sent out Mario. It was awesome to see how smooth he skated compared to our rookies, and that was from a "goon". At one point one of the rangers goons beat the piss out of one of the Habs rookies. Mario turned towards him and hit him. The Rags goon looked like he was ******** his pants and skated away. Much respect to this guy.

Mario was awesome. One of my favorite Habs. Not a big guy, about 5'10" 185 pounds but, beat the **** out of lots of bigger guys. That one beating he gave Darin Kimble was great. Too bad Mario got injured at home during the season, apparently stepping on his son's toys.

His brother Serge might have been a better fighter though.

https://youtu.be/0_47PrexXLk

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Blair Betts. I win this thread. :)

IIRC he never actually made it to the team. We claimed him on waivers from Philly, but he couldn't pass a physical so the league cancelled the claim.

I rememeber reading how we almost got Tom Sestito off waivers 2-3 years ago. Vancouver also put a claim on him but since we were higher in the standings at the time Vancouver got him instead.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
IIRC he never actually made it to the team. We claimed him on waivers from Philly, but he couldn't pass a physical so the league cancelled the claim.

I rememeber reading how we almost got Tom Sestito off waivers 2-3 years ago. Vancouver also put a claim on him but since we were higher in the standings at the time Vancouver got him instead.

Correct about Betts.......he was never officially a Hab.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

The best was how excited we were when it was announced that the Habs got him.

This place was bananas, we thought we got the ultimate grinder who could kill PKs, score, fight, etc... Betts was a good PKer but that's about it.

Then again, in those days, instead of having 14 3rd liners, Montreal had like 2.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Got one for you guys:

Jeff Woywitka :laugh:

Good one!

That reminded me of another guy who never played for the Habs...

Tony Salmelainen!!!

Who was acquired in a trade with someone who DID play for Montreal (but NOT after the trade)...

Jassen Cullimore!

Was Habs property twice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad