Forgotten Habs

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
All star Rory Fitzpatrick.
Craig Conroy
Mark Lamb
Jim Montgomery (Traded our captain for him)
Marc Bureau
Patrick Poulin

Who was the player the that took a puck to the throat and almost died?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Didn't get along with Julien. Plus he's all speed and we tried him with Kovalev who likes to slow the game down. Samsonov was garbage though.

He was in decline when the habs signed him. They picked up Johnson and samsonov on the same day during free agency. After seeing them play, you could see why they were part of the leftover scraps of the market.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
He was in decline when the habs signed him. They picked up Johnson and samsonov on the same day during free agency. After seeing them play, you could see why they were part of the leftover scraps of the market.

To be fair, Johnson was acquired via trade after trading Zednik away and he was coming off the best stretch of his career in PHX. Johnson & Bonk were good vets. I didn't forget Johnson because he would always fall on his ass after scoring.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Now here's some names I can proudly toss around because I'm a Habs nerd:
JP Cote, Todd Simpson, Jay Leach, Doug Janik, Shawn Belle, Brendon Nash, Alex Picard, Frederic St-Denis.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
So no one wants to mention Claude Lemieux:laugh:

I know he was even hated hear but he definitely helped win Cup86.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Shaun Van Allen
Bill Lindsay (though he did cost us a series, or rather, MT did by putting him for a key faceoff)
Randy McKay
Radek Bonk
Garth Murray
Raitis Ivanans
Petteri Nokelainen

The following 2 players were talked about NONSTOP on these boards about how they were "the future" and we could never mortgage "the future" to get any good players:
Duncan Milroy
Corey Locke

I don't think either played a game in the NHL with us.

Ben Maxwell (THE FUTURE!!!!)
Brock Trotter (THE FUTURE!!! TIMMINS SCOUTED HIM FROM RUSSIA!!!! HE'S A SECRET SUPERSTAR FOR SURE!!!!)
Shawn Belle (SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!! OTHER TEAMS JUST COULDN'T GET HIM MOTIVATED!!!!)

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I find it hard to believe some of the names thrown in this thread were forgotten at all...

Most names are coming from the late 90's to mid 2000's which was a very forgettable era for the habs. I don't think it's that we forgot them but rather that we want to forget.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Shaun Van Allen
Bill Lindsay (though he did cost us a series, or rather, MT did by putting him for a key faceoff)
Randy McKay
Radek Bonk
Garth Murray
Raitis Ivanans
Petteri Nokelainen

The following 2 players were talked about NONSTOP on these boards about how they were "the future" and we could never mortgage "the future" to get any good players:
Duncan Milroy
Corey Locke

I don't think either played a game in the NHL with us.

Ben Maxwell (THE FUTURE!!!!)
Brock Trotter (THE FUTURE!!! TIMMINS SCOUTED HIM FROM RUSSIA!!!! HE'S A SECRET SUPERSTAR FOR SURE!!!!)
Shawn Belle (SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!! OTHER TEAMS JUST COULDN'T GET HIM MOTIVATED!!!!)

Milroy did play a game or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad