Forgotten Habs

Skrudland

Registered Eweser
Apr 15, 2004
Ottawa
The creepy guy we traded Mike Ribeiro for: Niinimaa!

niinimaalmaodp9.jpg

Janne Niinimaa dares you to forget him. He DARES you! :nono:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Greg Stewart.. had a gread last game of the 2008 season vs the Leafs and everybody on HF boards that he was the next big power forward aka though guy... faded away pretty quickly..

Chris Murray in 96
Craig Darby was a habs 2 different stints
so was Mara ...

Scott Fraser
Alain Nassradine
Yves Racine (he came to mtl full of expectation after racking up close to 50 pts in Detroit the previous season.. he stayed only for the 95 shorten season.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Yves Racine (he came to mtl full of expectation after racking up close to 50 pts in Detroit the previous season.. he stayed only for the 95 shorten season.

Yves Racine actually came over from the Flyers (for Kevin Haller) and he had posted over 50 points with Philly (52 in just 67 games.)

He also stayed beyond the lockout year. He left Montreal, without ever finding any success, in the middle of the 95-96 season when the San Jose Sharks claimed him on waivers.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
You guys remember Christian Laflamme, Jonas Hoglund, and Zarley Zalapski ?

ZZ playing left wing to shut down Jagr with Malakhov playing LD at the same time is a fond memory from the 98 playoffs. Habs won the series and they did a good job but I'm still pretty sure Jagr still was over a PPG for the series, that's how good he was while being "shutdown".

Speaking of that season, has Andy Moog been mentioned?

And to the rest of the post, I thought Laflamme was still salvageable when the Habs grabbed him but can't remember the deal. I was optimistic with him.

I think Hoglund came back on the Val Bure trade? He had some good stints with Damphouse and i remember telling people when the Habs let him go that he'd be a 20-30 goal scorer with Sundin.

Edit: Just loooked it up and ZZ and Hoglund both came in the Bure trade.

Last edited:

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Pat Jablonski, Darcy Tucker, Sylvain Blouin, Jesse Bélanger, André Racicot, Ben Maxwell, José Théodore, Alex Tanguay, Chad Kilger, Dave Morrisette, Mark Lamb, Richard Zednik, Ron Hainsey, François Beauchemin, Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn, Kevin Haller, Dave Manson, Craig Ludwig, Andrew Cassels, Jocelyn Thibeault, Andrei Kovalenko, Igor Ulanov, David Wilkie, Craig Rivet are few that I remember.

CoachBrisebois

May 7, 2013
Pat Jablonski, Darcy Tucker, Sylvain Blouin, Jesse Bélanger, André Racicot, Ben Maxwell, José Théodore, Alex Tanguay, Chad Kilger, Dave Morrisette, Mark Lamb, Richard Zednik, Ron Hainsey, François Beauchemin, Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn, Kevin Haller, Dave Manson, Craig Ludwig, Andrew Cassels, Jocelyn Thibeault, Andrei Kovalenko, Igor Ulanov, David Wilkie, Craig Rivet are few that I remember.

U forgot Bulis. How about Lumme?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad