FOOTBALL! Pro/College/etc. Still undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Speaking of playoff rules, I think they need to make a .500 record minimum even for division winners. The NFC East is an abomination and a good team is going to be left at home while a team that’s probably 6-10 in the worst division in history makes it in.

And everyone will complain and the crappy team that won the division will come out and win a playoff game and the system will stay in place in spite of everyone’s better judgment.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Bad things happen against the Jags. I view this as the one of the hardest games on the schedule and I'm completely serious. I still have PTSD from David Garrard.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
The jags have made a few teams sweat and James Robinson is a decent RB. They have 0 passing game, however, and their defense is kind of a joke.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Dalvin Cook is in another world compared to Conner. If only the Steelers had any running game they would be almost unstoppable.

Biggest issue of having an elite running back is if you actually use them.

I'd want Cook, sure, but I'd still want to throw the ball 65%+ of the time.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
If Minshew is back, I'd bet on a Jags win. 'Stache Nation.

I don't understand why they're using Conner as a workhorse type of back. Trying to pad his stats so he'll get a payday next season? McFarland has the speed and quickness to really change it up and they give him maybe 1 or 2 carries a game. I want to see more of him before the playoffs.

Reactions: domaug and USMC607

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
And everyone will complain and the crappy team that won the division will come out and win a playoff game and the system will stay in place in spite of everyone’s better judgment.

The Bengals would win the NFC East: Change My Mind

Last edited:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

I don't understand why they're using Conner as a workhorse type of back. Trying to pad his stats so he'll get a payday next season? McFarland has the speed and quickness to really change it up and they give him maybe 1 or 2 carries a game. I want to see more of him before the playoffs.

Yeah I agree with you on McFarland. I like Conner more than most here but want to see McFarland get more touches. With the way the line is run blocking, most backs aren’t going to have much success. Might as well put one in with some home run potential.

I do think Roethlisberger likes Conner’s pass protection though so he’s probably going to get the bulk of the time.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Yeah, I mean I get Conner getting the majority of the carries, I just want to see McFarland and Snell and get more touches.

Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I noticed this as well...

Out of all our backs he is the quickest and the most shifty, with good pass catching ability...

Yet you roll with Conner and Snell who are sort of similar.

They to give this kid an extended look throughout a game.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yeah I agree with you on McFarland. I like Conner more than most here but want to see McFarland get more touches. With the way the line is run blocking, most backs aren’t going to have much success. Might as well put one in with some home run potential.

I do think Roethlisberger likes Conner’s pass protection though so he’s probably going to get the bulk of the time.

Remember when our run blocking was always near top in the league but out pass protect was sketchy... Man how things have changed in quick order.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The Bengals would win the NFC East: Change My Mind

Every time a team wins a division with a .500 or worse record people complain. And I think 4/5 times in the modern era the sucky team has won a playoff game. Remember Tim Tebow? And the powers that be say then say, “see, we’re not changing the system.” I’m not sure why that will change this year. No one’s arguing that the NFC doesn’t suck; just that it won’t affect the playoff system moving forward.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
No running back would be be puting up yardage behind this offensive line. They are abysmal at run blocking right now.
Oline is bad at run blocking but Conner is the bigger problem. Every starting running back would easily put up better rushing numbers than Conner

Reactions: OnMyOwn

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Well, he wouldn't have......

And to blame Tomlin for every ill and not give him any credit for any success I find to be ridiculous.

Actually what I find ridiculous is when things have gone wrong in the past, it's blame everyone else BUT Tomlin. Whether its the coordinators or the players.

I don't think anyone here is not giving him credit right now for the 9-0 start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad