Confirmed with Link: Foligno signs 6 Year, 33 Mil Extension

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Overpay (maybe) or get rid of him..... I like the route the team took. He always plays hard but now is adding PP points, i'm more then fine with it

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I think it's ok to overpay a little than lose him. He would most likely get that dollar amount or more in FA.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I think this can also have a trickle effect.....proven veterans and prospects both have to see this and realize Columbus is committed to build a winner....hopefully one that gets the team and city a Stanley Cup.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I think this can also have a trickle effect.....proven veterans and prospects both have to see this and realize Columbus is committed to build a winner....hopefully one that gets the team and city a Stanley Cup.

Didn't think about it that way. Well said. :)

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Not a crazy overpayment. Depending on the production from Nick on and off the ice, I think this will most likely be seen as a decent to good deal going forward.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
don't get the "overpay" comments - this is what he was headed for on the open market. no chance i would have wanted to see him suit up for someone else.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
don't get the "overpay" comments - this is what he was headed for on the open market. no chance i would have wanted to see him suit up for someone else.

I agree. No chance he signs for anything more than .5 million less anywhere else. I have no problem with the org giving him that "extra" .5 million to stay in the Union Blue.

He has great chemistry with these guys. Definitely one of the "core" guys moving foward.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Lots of money tied up now in Foligno, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Johansen, and Horton (will he count against the cap or not??), looks like we're gonna have to find some bargains in the bottom 6. Jarmo will need to work his magic on the Atkinson contract and probably trade Anisimov.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Oh holy.. wow.. There better not be much in there about NTC's.. lol

Well that is done. About a million more a year than I would have liked.. But I like the player. That is a lot of money for a 102 goal 27 year old. A lot of money.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Lots of money tied up now in Foligno, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Johansen, and Horton (will he count against the cap or not??), looks like we're gonna have to find some bargains in the bottom 6. Jarmo will need to work his magic on the Atkinson contract and probably trade Anisimov.

Don't forget Bob coming up.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Overpayment unless this season isn't an aberration. Probably could have been signed for much less over the off season.

Still happy to have him. He's a key component to this team.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I think it's ok to overpay a little than lose him. He would most likely get that dollar amount or more in FA.

It's okay to overpay a little for a good player. It is also okay to overpay when you have cap room. The problem comes when you overpay a lot for a bad player or overpay at all when you don't have cap room. Both of those might cause you to not be able to keep/get another player that you want. Neither of those are the case here. Very happy with this deal. He probably would have gotten more in free agency, IMO.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I wouldn't consider this an overpayment at all. Just right for the talent and the term.

You won't find many bigger fans than I; but I have no idea how you can justify 5.5 for a guy with 102 goals in 500 games. A bit of man crush is, perhaps, coloring things.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Overpayment unless this season isn't an aberration. Probably could have been signed for much less over the off season.

Still happy to have him. He's a key component to this team.

How do you figure? It probably would have cost more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad