Confirmed with Link: Foligno signs 6 Year, 33 Mil Extension

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Don't forget signing Jenner, Murray, and Bobrovsky within the next few years. And if he keeps it up Connauton will command a raise.

I'm fine with trading Atkinson

I could see both Atkinson and Anisimov getting traded. And I wouldn't get too attached to Wisniewski either.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I could see both Atkinson and Anisimov getting traded. And I wouldn't get too attached to Wisniewski either.

I don't think they trade Wis unless they are confident Savard will be able to step into the same role.

Cue bus' response on how Savard is better than Wisniewski.

thebus2288*

The Horton contract was paying a guy for what he did in the past. This contract is paying Foligno for what he'll do in the future.

And Savard is better. IS

Bps21*

Sabres fan here coming in peace (with the admission I have liked Foligno since before he put his game together) I think it's a great signing. Not just because he's developed into the player he has...but because he's a leader whose work you reward IMO. forget the money. It doesn't matter. It's the commitment to the people who you want to show everyone are worth committing to that you do. I'm a big fan of the way your team has been built...and this is the kind of signing IMO that a good team makes. I also think very highly of your GM and think he's ahead of the curve. He knows what he's doing. You want Foligno in the fold.

Though I'd be lying if I didn't kind of hope that his UFA status and his brother playing in buffalo could have brought him to my team...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Definitely was a great way to start the game tonight with the extension being announced on the jumbotron. Got a hefty round of applause.

A bit high, but I've always been in the "just pay him" camp so I'll be sleeping just fine tonight. Well deserved extension!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Don't forget signing Jenner, Murray, and Bobrovsky within the next few years. And if he keeps it up Connauton will command a raise.

I'm fine with trading Atkinson

Good thing we have Wennberg, Rychel, Milano, Bjorkstrand, Reilly, Heatherington, Collins, Forsberg, Dano, Dansk, Korpisalo, etc.... :)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You have called this contract "awesome" in 2 threads now. Do you know that Foligno is making the same money as Tavares? Is he really worth that much? Foligno = Tavares?

Your point is irrelevant. Contracts signed at different times. If Tavares was at the same stage in his contract as Foligno I'm sure his extension would be somewhere at or north of 7-7.5 million per. It's like saying Mickey Mantle who topped out somewhere under a million was worse than some bozo today making millions for hitting .250 with 12 HR's/

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Or, in other words, all RFAs. :)

Foligno is a UFA. That makes for a big difference.

Are you saying that teams never pay a fair price or even a slight discount for upcoming UFA's? You know.. With that thing called a NTC? Balderdash! And you know it. Just because we've had an unhealthy history of garbage at forward, defense, and goalie so they weren't mentioning because no one would overpay for them (outside of Nash and Tyutin) doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Are you saying that teams never pay a fair price or even a slight discount for upcoming UFA's? You know.. With that thing called a NTC? Balderdash! And you know it. Just because we've had a history of garbage at forward, defense, and goalie so they weren't mentioning because no one would overpay for them (outside of Nash and Tyutin) doesn't mean anything. BTW I had no issue with either of those contacts either; although a lot of fans will still complain about Tyutin; well outside of the fact that I was one of the first to start asking if signing Nash was a good idea at all.

Compared to what he would have received as a UFA if his performance continues I think Jarmo paid a fair price and got a slight discount. I also agree that based on his career body of work the deal is a bit steep.

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
You have called this contract "awesome" in 2 threads now. Do you know that Foligno is making the same money as Tavares? Is he really worth that much? Foligno = Tavares?

And you have compared those 2 contracts in 2 threads while they are by no means comparable contracts. Other was RFA and other was UFA.
And Tavares's contract is one of the biggest steals in NHL so I don't think that any contract is really comparable to that.

But anyhow, glad to have him signed. Vultures were alrdy circling. Maybe 0.5M too high for my taste but THE HUG is worth it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wa1nnfk.gif

Hopefully not. :laugh:

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
2nd liner in 2015 = $5 mil+ AAV. Consider it a $500k overpayment if it makes you feel better, and a year too long. That's the price you pay not to lose him.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Completely different situations. UFA vs RFA. Nice try though.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Tavares in his prime (as Foligno is now) will net well north of Nick's contract. Barring injury, he'll easily be a $7-8 million player on his next contract.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah because I clearly said that.

Tavares was a RFA who will make double what Foligno makes when he comes up. What an irrelevant point.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
May be a bit over priced for his overall skill ceiling, but he makes up for the rest with his character. He's that hybrid type power forward that has some elite skill in there with the grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad