Confirmed with Link: Foligno Extension - 3.1 Million AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I like Foligno a lot in his role and i'm ok with the money.

BUT you could have agreed to the deal and left this deal under the table until after the Seattle draft.

Every day that goes bye Guerin proves just how un deserving and DUMB of a GM he is. He's a total creature of habit ..... loves big meat sticks ( like himself )when the game is all speed and skill now, loves Veterans ( see Hunt, Pateryn, Rask of which all 3 should have been on waivers ) and just can't get out of the " good ol' boys club" and has made 1 hire outside of the organization - Vancouver scout

Guerin literally had NOTHING to do with these players coming here... as they all signed here before he was even hired.... do some research :help:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It’s a tradable contract if push comes to shove. Not all that worried about that aspect of it. But I would’ve much rather left it alone until later to keep the draft pick in play.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s a tradable contract if push comes to shove. Not all that worried about that aspect of it. But I would’ve much rather left it alone until later to keep the draft pick in play.

If Guerin wants Foligno on the team, was the draft pick ever in play?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Foligno seems to stay for a bit so he can protect and mentor the young ones, the draft picks will be with Johansson and hopefully Bjugstad, possibly Bonino.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Do your own damn research.
“Prove me..”
“Give me..”
“Show me..”

Our time is just as valuable as yours
I back up my opinions. If you're going to make a statement, you can't be offended if asked to support it.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I thought I saw Foligno move to the right?

Also, there is a significant difference between a guy that would take league min for vs a guy like Foligno. I mean, Kurtis Gabriel would take minimum for and a lot of fans in this thread think Foligno = Gabriel as all bottom 6 forwards are the same right?
he did, but that was more because we traded Kunin who was our 3rd line RW. Foligno is playing out of position right now. If we had more right shot forwards Foligno would be on the LW.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Guerin literally had NOTHING to do with these players coming here... as they all signed here before he was even hired.... do some research :help:
No research needed.
Guerin is the current GM and has total control of the roster.
He can keep, trade or waive anyone he wants ( accept nmc and ntc guys)

DO YOUR RESEARCH

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Opportunity cost is what gets me. If he's having a good season, type of guy teams will spend a 2nd or even 1st on if desperate enough.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
No research needed.

DO YOUR RESEARCH
It takes two to tango unless you are fine with losing trades to get rid of people. Waiving people is dumb unless you have someone better filling in. Plus the word you are looking for is except.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t have any issue with a Guerin using the cap space we had to get a bunch of 3rd liners on expiring deals, but he has to move them at the deadline. It’s basically paying for picks. We get to use the players for 40 games, and then tern them into a collection of 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Considered a terrible contract the second he signed it.

oh im just showing this contract is much better than that one

No research needed.

DO YOUR RESEARCH

So youre blaming guerin for contracts that were existing when he got here, and if moved would most likely result in an end loss for the wild? k.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
oh im just showing this contract is much better than that one

So youre blaming guerin for contracts that were existing when he got here, and if moved would most likely result in an end loss for the wild? k.
If you need to use bad contracts to justify this one, odds are it isn't a good contract.

I love the player that Foligno is, but you just can't possibly consider paying $3M for a 4th liner. Add in the fact that like ThatGuy22 says above, you just threw away a 2nd rounder or better for the chance to overpay a 4th line player.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
If you need to use bad contracts to justify this one, odds are it isn't a good contract.

I love the player that Foligno is, but you just can't possibly consider paying $3M for a 4th liner. Add in the fact that like ThatGuy22 says above, you just threw away a 2nd rounder or better for the chance to overpay a 4th line player.

But hes not a 4th liner. Hes a 3rd liner. And maybe im missing something but how does this cost a 2nd round pick?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
You didn't actually watch the video did you? :38 Foligno skates past Eriksson Ek getting slapped to go for a change. Only after Seeler jumps in does Foligno decide to help out.
i did watch. he hooked at him and looked to ask or speak something why seeler went for action. instead of being a full on instigator he said words of some kind who knows what. seeler took action then foligno jumped in. i suppose we can suggest avoiding pummeling him after the ek hit washes that he jumped into the bench with seeler.

P10p

May 15, 2012
You didn't actually watch the video did you? :38 Foligno skates past Eriksson Ek getting slapped to go for a change. Only after Seeler jumps in does Foligno decide to help out.

I think you meant only after Seeler getting jumped does Foligno jump in.

Yes, that's the point thanks.

Did you even bother watching before you formed an opinion?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
But hes not a 4th liner. Hes a 3rd liner. And maybe im missing something but how does this cost a 2nd round pick?
He's on the 3rd line right now. Who goes to the 4th line when Zuccarello comes back? How about when Boldy shows up next year?

The 2nd round pick or better is what Guerin should have been able to get for a rental Foligno

I think you meant only after Seeler getting jumped does Foligno jump in.

Yes, that's the point thanks.

Did you even bother watching before you formed an opinion?
Seeler is the guy doing the "jumping".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad