Confirmed with Link: Foligno Extension - 3.1 Million AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
That's a pretty big stretch goal for Beckman. 21-22, he'll have a season in the AHL. He could be a callup in 2022-2023, unless he absolutely destroys the AHL in his rookie debut and even that could be a stretch.

I don't think it's a huge stretch tbh. We're expecting Rossi to be on this team in the near future and Beckman is only 4 months older than Rossi. Beckman led his league in scoring and while the OHL has more top-end talent, I don't think the difference between the two leagues leans that heavily towards the OHL (could be wrong on this). With our defense, I think he can definitely be sheltered somewhere on a scoring line in the 22-23 season.

Foligno is considered to be an elite defensive forward, and one of the best PKers in the entire NHL. He may drop off some, but I see Foligno as a quintessential 3rd liner. That's why teams like Tampa Bay trade for guys like Goodrow.

Hartman probably won't be back, and Guerin is really down on Greenway. Unless Greenway has an explosive year, regardless if Seattle takes him or not, Guerin may ship him out.

I agree that Foligno is an elite defensive forward, but I just don't know if we're going to have another winger to pair him with for a shutdown line. A Foligno - Zucc combination just seems bad.

I see Hartman sticking around for cheap on a 4th line RW role, but I do agree that Greenway is probably the odd man out.

If Foligno does stick around long-term, I could see the Top 9 could working like this:

Kap/Zucc - Rossi - Fiala
Boldy - X - Zucc/Kap
Parise - Ek - Foligno

I just don't know where Beckman fits in if he does continue to perform at a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad