Confirmed with Link: Foligno Extension - 3.1 Million AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Why. Why would you do this?

Even if you want him back, the Market is going to be tight again next year. Why can't you tell him we want you back, but need to wait after the draft?

If they give him a protection that forces him to be protected I might have a stroke.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I suppose he had a career year in terms of points which prompted a ~200k raise from his previous contract.

At least it's not 4 years like last time if it's any consolation.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Thank God.

You know, I really do like Foligno as a player. I think he’s a great guy to have. He can give you 30+ points in a checking role, he’s a leader, adds grit, and stands up for his teammates. But it’s a bit high for me. I couldv’ve stomached the AAV he currently has, but the accumulation of money from overpayments will begin to add up.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just fire the idiot now. Guys like Foligno are signing league minimum deals and/or PTO's in the current financial situation.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I don't get most of what GMBG has done so far. I've tried to read the tea leaves and be patient but I'm not understanding what he is doing.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not a fireable offense, but the timing is a little unusual. Might not even be our problem in 6 months; Foligno must not care much.

If he's the same guy as last year for the next 4, it's "fair" (15ish goals, 35ish points, good PKer for a $3M 3rd liner isn't awful). Just weird timing knowing that both Fiala and Kaprizov (and Eriksson Ek for that matter) are up this summer.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Just fire the idiot now. Guys like Foligno are signing league minimum deals and/or PTO's in the current financial situation.
I like Foligno a lot in his role and i'm ok with the money.

BUT you could have agreed to the deal and left this deal under the table until after the Seattle draft.

Every day that goes bye Guerin proves just how un deserving and DUMB of a GM he is. He's a total creature of habit ..... loves big meat sticks ( like himself )when the game is all speed and skill now, loves Veterans ( see Hunt, Pateryn, Rask of which all 3 should have been on waivers ) and just can't get out of the " good ol' boys club" and has made 1 hire outside of the organization - Vancouver scout

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

BUT you could have agreed to the deal and left this deal under the table until after the Seattle draft.

Every day that goes bye Guerin proves just how un deserving and DUMB of a GM he is. He's a total creature of habit ..... loves big meat sticks ( like himself )when the game is all speed and skill now, loves Veterans ( see Hunt, Pateryn, Rask of which all 3 should have been on waivers ) and just can't get out of the " good ol' boys club" and has made 1 hire outside of the organization - Vancouver scout

Maybe I'm missing something.....but why wouldn't Foligno be subject to the expansion draft? What's the harm in re-signing him now?

Reactions: 57special

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Hmm. Not a backbreaker but a little weird. Still seems like a decent expansion candidate, so maybe it won't even matter.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I feel like no one has been paying any attention to what Billy G has been doing this offseason.

Foligno has been praised for his leadership on and off the ice; he is the anti-country club type of player. Guerin has been trying to cultivate a different type of locker room and atmosphere and Foligno and Spurgeon are the guys that are going to help. By signing Foligno, Guerin is showing his preferences and really stamping who he wants on this team.

Furthermore; does anyone remember the revolving door that was the bottom 6 that the Wild had under Fletcher? Stewart I think was the best get...

Reactions: ctmagic

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Dude wild couldn't have put them on waivers, not all.

It wasn't Guerin who resigned hunt. Rask can be a pretty good 4c

Pateryn is on his lady year

You are just finding a reason to hate Guerin

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I feel like no one has been paying any attention to what Billy G has been doing this offseason.

Foligno has been praised for his leadership on and off the ice; he is the anti-country club type of player. Guerin has been trying to cultivate a different type of locker room and atmosphere and Foligno and Spurgeon are the guys that are going to help. By signing Foligno, Guerin is showing his preferences and really stamping who he wants on this team.

Furthermore; does anyone remember the revolving door that was the bottom 6 that the Wild had under Fletcher? Stewart I think was the best get...
No he isn't. He's a clown who gives Russo all the access he could ever want, so Russo repays it by pumping his tires in the press.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Don't bash Foligno, he deserves a little extra :nod:
And now he doesn't have to worry about free agency, with this off his shoulders he'll play better.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Dude wild couldn't have put them on waivers, not all.

It wasn't Guerin who resigned hunt. Rask can be a pretty good 4c

Pateryn is on his lady year

You are just finding a reason to hate Guerin
Please explain why he couldn't put them on waivers ?

Hunt has a good shot and everything else is awful.
Pateryn will be a pylon when playing Colorado, Vegas or any other team with speed and that's if he makes past 10 games without being injured again.
A pretty good 4c isn't worth 4 million a year.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Based on Guerin's comments, he really wants to keep Foligno. This could be a smart move, because he will probably not be protected, and I don't think Seattle wants that contract.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Based on Guerin's comments, he really wants to keep Foligno. This could be a smart move, because he will probably not be protected, and I don't think Seattle wants that contract.
Would love to hear you explain how that's a smart move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad