GDT: Foligno and Andersen Return Tonight in OTT | 8pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
Yah galchenyuk should stay in the line up. Frankly if the price is right I hope we resign him.Considering we got him for peanuts im more than happy with him.

Reactions: Nylander88

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Montreal resting lots of regulars, but we are going with the full line up tonight.

If any injuries to key players occur this will be Keefe's biggest mistake of the season.

Just too risky at this stage of the season with playoffs just around the corner.

Massive butt clench tonight-no injuries, and then I will be able to fart.

There is only so many players you can rest, though. The roster is still 23 guys max. There is also cap issues to consider. Montreal is still playing a lot of regulars, looking at their lineup.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Leafs need to come out of the gate like a house on fire, jump on them with a quick goal or two and then grind them into the ice. Freddie cannot under any circumstances allow a first shot goal. Brady Tkachuk needs to be dealt with, that is all.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
"We want to continue to build good habits," coach Sheldon Keefe explained. "Also, we do have something to play for in terms of positioning in the league standings. And then just the reality is with our roster and salary-cap situation, there's not a whole lot of flexibility there in terms of moving things around, so our guys are going to go here today. I'll probably manage the minutes a little bit differently than I would in other types of games. It's a good chance for us to work at our four-line game."

Reactions: therealkoho

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Can we even rest guys with our cap situation? Believe we are capped out with Freddy activated off LTIR and only have 1 extra forward to sub in.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I am fine with Matthews and Marner playing tonight. They should be sitting against the Jets though. Get as much of the Taxi squad into that game as you can.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Yah galchenyuk should stay in the line up. Frankly if the price is right I hope we resign him.Considering we got him for peanuts im more than happy with him.
Would love to re-sign him around his current cap hit. I have a feeling he would like to stay too. As long as he's not sat/mistreated in the coming weeks. 1-1.5 mil per should get it done I'd think

Reactions: Cecithepylon

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
You can blame Freddy all you want about lack of playoff success..

but it wasn't him who got shut out twice in playoff games last year when his team failed to score goals and got shut out at home in game 5

It wasn't him who turned the puck over back to back years. Gardiner still looking for that pass

You want to hate Freddy that's cool but to make absurd comments which are mostly baseless is something else

Anyone here thinks Hutch and Ritch are better options than Fredy is just out to lunch
Anyone who thinks Freddy will lead them anywhere is out to lunch
I don't blame him solely but your 5 million. dollar goalie needs to steal games now and then

Scion

May 25, 2012
Sit Matthews. Sit Marner.

But they won't. Sigh.

Why? Every team is reseeded after the divisional rounds. There is significant incentive to finish as high in the standings as possible because it could mean avoiding Vegas/Colorado till the SCF or altogether.

None of this is to mention that the North division will get plenty of rest regardless because their playoffs start later.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
Would love to re-sign him around his current cap hit. I have a feeling he would like to stay too. As long as he's not sat/mistreated in the coming weeks. 1-1.5 mil per should get it done I'd think
Honestly if dubas can do that I’d be thrilled

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Looking forward to seeing the Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds line tonight. They have two games here to try and build some chemistry up, as all signs are pointing to that being our 4th line come playoffs

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Not sure sure why we are playing top 3 players. Especially now that we have some depth

If one of those top 3 players gets injured I'll raise hell against Keefe

Utter pointless at this stage
You and the poster who liked this post must really have zero idea on how a salary cap works. Or hockey.

But for those who need it spelled out to them....you cannot just rest who you want. There are things called a cap and a roster.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Anyone who thinks Freddy will lead them anywhere is out to lunch
I don't blame him solely but your 5 million. dollar goalie needs to steal games now and then
Not saying I disagree as I don’t, but sometimes the 11, 10.893, 6.96, 11.634, need to just win games 6-4 in the playoffs. Well whatever the pasts the past, let’s just beat the habs and go from there

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
You're welcome!

Except we know that the core group likes Fred and they've been close with him the past several years, so you wanting him out and thinking it's best if he leaves the team is absolutely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad