GDT: Foligno and Andersen Return Tonight in OTT | 8pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Almost full lineup tonight. I think it may be more to give Andersen some confidence. With a fairly long break before the playoffs start momentum probably won't be much of a factor but a good game for Freddy could be huge for him. And I can't see the Sens going out looking to hurt anyone. They won't do the Habs any favors.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
So he can be his normal 'back-breaking goal at the worst time' self? He does it every single game.

What he did 3 years ago means sweet F all today. Stop coddling this guy. He's getting shit on because he's played like shit. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves, and fuzzy memories of bygone days don't win any cups.

I was a huge fan, for the record.

You're assuming a lot. Back off buddy, I'm not coddling anyone, lol...as if I can from my cheap seat.

No, I just have the opinion that, in a playoffs backup position, it would be MORE advantageous to have a decent Andersen than a very green Rittich. Big "IF" obviously as we've all seen his play slide downward, but it's my hope.

For the record, it's unlikely.

Reactions: egd27

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Keeping a close eye on that 4th line tonight

Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

Looks like it will be our 4th line come playoffs.. I want to see if they can shut down bring some jam/energy and try not to look the slow.. hope to see if they can create any offense.

If it were 5-6 years ago that line would be a stacked 1st line.. let's see if their experience holds them up.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

A3111649-8BEC-42DD-A473-A14A950B3C9C.gif

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
As you can see, I wasn’t advocating for Fred to be behind anyone for no reason. When will you realize he isn’t the same goalie, at least he isn’t here, he may go and find success somewhere else and I hope he will, but he is probably done here. And saying I’m ‘advocating’ is a bit much, what we can’t have our previous starter be our 3rd option because he’s been shaky the past 2 seasons? So we are going off of reputation rn? Then let’s give Price the vezina, Karlsson the Norris, and Torterella the Adam’s. I’d be delighted for Andersen to be our backup, but not if he continuously shits the bed
If you want Rittich getting the nod if Campbell does a face plant that's on you homie.

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad