GDT: Foligno and Andersen Return Tonight in OTT | 8pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Win or lose. No injuries, don’t get embarrassed, Fred this is it. Last chance for you to claim the #2 role, it’s yours to lose.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
You think Galchenyuk is demoted or is this just a chance to give someone else a look?
Think it depends on whether Hyman is playing or not. (doubt it for tonight)

Guessing Keefe would like Hyman & Foligno as his 2 top line LW if Nash is ready. If Nash isn't, I could see Hyman on 3rd and Galch back in the top 6

If he has a bad game and shows that he isn’t any different from before, then no I don’t have confidence in him to be the backup, I’d rather Rittich or Hutch do it

I doubt Keefe and Dubas agree with you.

Last edited:

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
You think Galchenyuk is demoted or is this just a chance to give someone else a look?

I find it disturbing the Keefe would even consider breaking up the Tavares line with how its been playing. Both Tavares and Nylander have woken up since Gally has been playing on their line.

If Keefe is smart at all he would roll these lines with a healthy lineup against Montreal. Sitting Gally would be utterly stupid especially when Gally will want nothing more then to stick it to the team that derailed his career and lost faith in him:

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Micheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

** Outside chance that Nash sees some time on 4th line with one of the others sitting. Potentially Thornton.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I find it disturbing the Keefe would even consider breaking up the Tavares line with how its been playing. Both Tavares and Nylander have woken up since Gally has been playing on their line.

If Keefe is smart at all he would roll these lines with a healthy lineup against Montreal. Sitting Gally would be utterly stupid especially when Gally will want nothing more then to stick it to the team that derailed his career and lost faith in him:

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Micheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

** Outside chance that Nash sees some time on 4th line with one of the others sitting. Potentially Thornton.
I think it would be a mistake to sit Galch against the Habs:

1. He provides some offense against their stifling defense
2. He provides some physicality
3. It allows Hyman to play on the third line and we can be 3 lines deep
4. Galch is gonna be fired up against his old team and if he scores, it's gonna fire the rest of the guys up as well.

Reactions: supermann_98

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Micheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

In my opinion I would drop Mikheyev or Kerfoot before anyone on that 4th line.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Micheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

Maybe it will be incentive for Galchenyuk to play with more bite tonight. I don't think any lines are set in stone yet.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Foligno back! Let's go boys . . .

And folks. Please.
Let's not have any overreactions if Andersen isn't absolutely lights out perfect tonight. First game back, let's just stay away from the hot takes.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Foligno back! Let's go boys . . .

And folks. Please.
Let's not have any overreactions if Andersen isn't absolutely lights out perfect tonight. First game back, let's just stay away from the hot takes.

Agreed. And on the flip side of this if he plays a crazy lights out game and shuts them down, i don't want overreaction to the point of questioning Campbell starting in the playoffs.

It's Campbells crease now, he has earned the start, massive reason why we are #1.

For Freddies career i hope he plays well, hasn't looked good in the AHL but he's just getting back, can't expect too much.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Agreed. And on the flip side of this if he plays a crazy lights out game and shuts them down, i don't want overreaction to the point of questioning Campbell starting in the playoffs.

It's Campbells crease now, he has earned the start, massive reason why we are #1.

For Freddies career i hope he plays well, hasn't looked good in the AHL but he's just getting back, can't expect too much.

Agreed.
I want Andy as the backup, with his experience and potential to return even briefly to a very good starting goalie level...it only makes sense.

Fingers crossed he's at least adequate, and then it's on the coach to decide him or Rittich as backup.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't know wtf Keefe is doing breaking up Gally-Tavares-Nylander. The line has been an offensive powerhouse, for the love of god don't overthink things man...

I agree, really hope that line is together to start the playoffs.

Reactions: supermann_98

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I don't know wtf Keefe is doing breaking up Gally-Tavares-Nylander. The line has been an offensive powerhouse, for the love of god don't overthink things man...

Doesn't it say right in the article that Keefe said i don't want anyone reading too much into what they've seen today?

I'm agreeing with you, Tavares and Nylander have been great since he's joined them.

PLUS you have the fire in the belly with Gelch facing the team that gave up on him.

I think he keeps the line together, Foligno slots in #1 line and Hyman runs the third line.

It's how I've seen it going the whole time.

Hyman-Kerfoot-Mikheyev as our third.

Top 6 as it has been since we got Foligno.

Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds as the 4th, i love Brooks but they'll give the edge to toughness and veteran by keeping Simmonds in i feel.

Brooks can come up big for us if we have any injuries plus there's nash.

It's nice to have depth, good depth, I've never felt this feeling before lol.

Reactions: Nylander88

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hate these last two games.

Holl back in too apparently?

Hope Andersen gets to see lots of rubber. If he’s backing up we have to know if he is up for it.

Last 2 games are meaningless unless you look at a shot at Presidents trophy. It’s something like Vegas has to lose out and Colorado can only get a point while we win out?

Just be healthy after tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Oh, and I almost forgot . . . our big guys DO in fact have something to play for:

Matty needs 2 goals to reach 200 for his career.
Marner needs 3 more assists to get his 3rd straight 50+ assist season.
Tavares needs 2 more goals to get to 20 (I may be reaching a bit for this one :laugh: )

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Gonna be pissed if there are injuries.

On one hand, it's good to get Foligno in to get his legs going but on the other hand it's a risk of re-injury. Then again if he's that broken he probably wouldn't make it through the playoffs.

Really surprised Andersen is getting a start tonight. Wonder if this is to get him used to NHL speed, and an audition to back up Campbell in round 1.

Nash isn't in, is he?

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad