GDT: Foligno and Andersen Return Tonight in OTT | 8pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Gonna be pissed if there are injuries.

On one hand, it's good to get Foligno in to get his legs going but on the other hand it's a risk of re-injury. Then again if he's that broken he probably wouldn't make it through the playoffs.

Really surprised Andersen is getting a start tonight. Wonder if this is to get him used to NHL speed, and an audition to back up Campbell in round 1.

Nash isn't in, is he?

I don't think Hyman and Nash are cleared to play yet. They still are on LTIR.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Rittich or Hutch over Freddy eh? Oof.
We aren’t talking about the same Freddy here. I’m speaking of the .897 Freddy, you must be thinking of the .917 Freddy, if that one can find his way back to us, I’d be more then glad to have him be the #2, but apart from February this year and November last year, Andersen has been between below average - bad for the rest of the months. 2 of the last 8 months + the week and a half of the play ins of hockey have been good from Andersen. I really like him, probably my favourite leafs players, and I am very biased towards him and his identity as a chocker or not, but the stats show, when he’s in net, we can’t go a game without a PP goal against, we can’t go a period without being scored on, whether it’s the teams or his fault, they show that he lets goals in on early shots. If he can get his shit together I want him on the team, if not what’s his use?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Fun fact: in his career, he has his third lowest save percentage against the Sens (0.887) .. Only Tampa Bay and Toronto (when he played in Anaheim) are lower

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
please be good Fred.

I'd really like to see Matthews and Marner pass 70pts and fix themselves firmly in the top-5 in scoring this year.

And I hope we see Engvall tonight instead of Brooks.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Freddie will be fine
I think Keefe will have the lads ready .. not that it matters beating Ottawa, but seems like he'll have some playoff assignments for guys - especially the ones on the bubble (Hyman / Nash nearing returns), this may be the last ditch effort to prove playoff worth.

Think Thornton has a game tonight.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
If you watched his Marlies performances, he currently looks worse than both so I'm not sure what's so oof here.
We have people (like yourself it seems) that are saying that freddy should basically be our 4th string goalie which is the most moronic train of thought that im almost at a loss for words.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
We have people (like yourself it seems) that are saying that freddy should basically be our 4th string goalie which is the most moronic train of thought that im almost at a loss for words.
So keep him as the backup no matter how poorly he plays?
Play like a 4th stringer become one. But in his own mind he's a "great goalie"

Reactions: LeafsRus

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
We aren’t talking about the same Freddy here. I’m speaking of the .897 Freddy, you must be thinking of the .917 Freddy, if that one can find his way back to us, I’d be more then glad to have him be the #2, but apart from February this year and November last year, Andersen has been between below average - bad for the rest of the months. 2 of the last 8 months + the week and a half of the play ins of hockey have been good from Andersen. I really like him, probably my favourite leafs players, and I am very biased towards him and his identity as a chocker or not, but the stats show, when he’s in net, we can’t go a game without a PP goal against, we can’t go a period without being scored on, whether it’s the teams or his fault, they show that he lets goals in on early shots. If he can get his shit together I want him on the team, if not what’s his use?
Dont move the goal posts. You were just advocating for Freddy to be behind Hutch and Rittich. Good luck with that

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
If he has a bad game and shows that he isn’t any different from before, then no I don’t have confidence in him to be the backup, I’d rather Rittich or Hutch do it

Dont move the goal posts. You were just advocating for Freddy to be behind Hutch and Rittich. Good luck with that

As you can see, I wasn’t advocating for Fred to be behind anyone for no reason. When will you realize he isn’t the same goalie, at least he isn’t here, he may go and find success somewhere else and I hope he will, but he is probably done here. And saying I’m ‘advocating’ is a bit much, what we can’t have our previous starter be our 3rd option because he’s been shaky the past 2 seasons? So we are going off of reputation rn? Then let’s give Price the vezina, Karlsson the Norris, and Torterella the Adam’s. I’d be delighted for Andersen to be our backup, but not if he continuously shits the bed

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Tonight is Freddie's playoff-esque game.

Hopefully he doesn't shat the bed and makes some saves....

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I preferred the 4th line of

Thornton - Brooks - Spezza.

With Simmonds on it that line becomes pretty slow. I thought Brooks found instant chemistry with Spezza and Thornton. Idk who gets scratched for Brooks to be playing though.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Weirdly enough I've missed like every Ottawa Toronto game this season.

I'll be looking at Andersen, but also this Stutzle kid and seeing how Chabot has been progressing, I'd like that kid on our team.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Hate these last two games.

Holl back in to apparently?

Hope Andersen gets to see lots of rubber. If he’s backing up we have to know if he is up for it.

Last 2 games are meaningless unless you look at a shot at Presidents trophy. It’s something like Vegas has to lose out and Colorado can only get a point while we win out?

Just be healthy after tonight

My understanding is only Vegas or Colorado can win it. If we tied Vegas theyd still have 39 wins to our 37

Reactions: crump

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I'll be spending this game half praying nobody gets injured and the other half watching Andersen like a hawk. Fingers crossed he gets a shut out and shows he should be with Campbell on the payoff roster
Same. Watching Freddie and staying healthy are my focal points. Hopefully Foligno lasts the game.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If you watched his Marlies performances, he currently looks worse than both so I'm not sure what's so oof here.
Rittich and Hutchinson don't have the playoff experience that Andersen does. Neither of them are better overall than Andersen is. Andersen is the best choice as back-up statistically and realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad