GDT: Foligno and Andersen Return Tonight in OTT | 8pm Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Nice to see the injuries are healing and on track to be there game 1.

Play a smart game and not emotional, just come out of it please. Knowing Ottawa they'll do what they can to rough up the Leafs heading into playoffs.

I'm glad it's at 8 because I'll probably only miss the 1st bc of work.

Go Leafs, crush the Sens!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Weirdly enough I've missed like every Ottawa Toronto game this season.

I'll be looking at Andersen, but also this Stutzle kid and seeing how Chabot has been progressing, I'd like that kid on our team.

Chabot's season has been over for 4-5 games now(injury). Since then the D is:
Mete-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
Alsing-JBD

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Nah, these guys are pros.

They won't want to be the guy who "CHANGE THE TRAJECTORY OF THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS SEASON!"

They are young pro , the oldest is Connor at 27. Don't think their goal is to injury someone but to play well and show off for next year. It's the last game of the season for Ottawa.

EDIT: Oldest will actually be Anisimov for probably his last game in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Foligno and Galchenyuk have been on their respective lines for a while.
I can’t imagine the lines being juggled with 2 games to go .
It might be to give them some time in case they need to switch up in the playoffs.
And hyman is not needed with Matthews/Marner.
He is needed on the third line .
He makes them a threat.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Montreal resting lots of regulars, but we are going with the full line up tonight.

If any injuries to key players occur this will be Keefe's biggest mistake of the season.

Just too risky at this stage of the season with playoffs just around the corner.

Massive butt clench tonight-no injuries, and then I will be able to fart.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Montreal resting lots of regulars, but we are going with the full line up tonight.

If any injuries to key players occur this will be Keefe's biggest mistake of the season.

Just too risky at this stage of the season with playoffs just around the corner.

Massive butt clench tonight-no injuries, and then I will be able to fart.

It's a tough call - rest guys possibly lose a few, lose momentum or what Keefe is doing, reduce the TOI for the first two lines. I'm down with Keefe - I don't think you go in fearing injury.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I don't know wtf Keefe is doing breaking up Gally-Tavares-Nylander. The line has been an offensive powerhouse, for the love of god don't overthink things man...
100% agree. Chucky shouldn't sit. I'd rather sit Mikheyev or have Nash sit and wait for an opportunity via injury. The three vets on the fourth line bring too much character and swagger on and off the ice to consider taking any of them out. Simmonds is going to be a beast come playoffs I think. An emotional leader. Spezza is going to continue to be valuable as he has all season long. Play PP2 and win key draws. Thornton I think we'll see step up the physicality even more than he has in the last 15 games. Think he'll look a lot like he did in that Jets game when he was going at Ehlers. Can't wait for the playoffs to get going!

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Foligno back! Let's go boys . . .

And folks. Please.
Let's not have any overreactions if Andersen isn't absolutely lights out perfect tonight. First game back, let's just stay away from the hot takes.
So he can be his normal 'back-breaking goal at the worst time' self? He does it every single game.

What he did 3 years ago means sweet F all today. Stop coddling this guy. He's getting shit on because he's played like shit. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves, and fuzzy memories of bygone days don't win any cups.

I was a huge fan, for the record.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I am concerned these bastards are going to be running around trying to run our guys. Maybe my concerns are unfounded, though, I grant you that.
Agreed. We needn't worry about something that has never actually cost the Leafs a game....

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Gonna be pissed if there are injuries.

On one hand, it's good to get Foligno in to get his legs going but on the other hand it's a risk of re-injury. Then again if he's that broken he probably wouldn't make it through the playoffs.

Really surprised Andersen is getting a start tonight. Wonder if this is to get him used to NHL speed, and an audition to back up Campbell in round 1.

Nash isn't in, is he?
No I think due to his cap he won't even really be available until playoffs. Seeing as Freddy is on the active roster now. I think the best way to do things is have Nash sit until someone gets hurt or heaven forbid, we need a shakeup. Great guy to have as "first man in". Then if he seizes his opportunity, you go from there. Hard kicking someone out of this lineup right now for a guy who has never played a game as a Leaf and is coming off an injury.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Freddy would have to sh@t the bed beyond belief to not be #2.
Have a pulse and don't reinjure yourself and he is cemented #2.
I'd kinda like to add that actually stopping the puck is a requirement. He hasn't been able to do that consistently in 2 years now.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I doubt it happens but really hope Fred has a good game tonight
The fact Campbell is getting the Jets in the final game of the season, tells me he's our starter for the playoffs. With a week or so off between the Jets game and the playoffs, that's our "final tune up" for our goalie. I'm not rooting against Fred, but this is Campbell's crease until further notice (if all things are fair)

Reactions: crump

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I'd kinda like to add that actually stopping the puck is a requirement. He hasn't been able to do that consistently in 2 years now.
Campbell is our starter I'd have to think. And our starter next season as well. Unless Campbell craps the bed, I'd have to think it's the ending of one era, and the beginning of another in between the pipes.
Great to have Freddie and Rittich behind Soupy though. Best goalie depth I can remember

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Doesn't it say right in the article that Keefe said i don't want anyone reading too much into what they've seen today?

I'm agreeing with you, Tavares and Nylander have been great since he's joined them.

PLUS you have the fire in the belly with Gelch facing the team that gave up on him.

I think he keeps the line together, Foligno slots in #1 line and Hyman runs the third line.

It's how I've seen it going the whole time.

Hyman-Kerfoot-Mikheyev as our third.

Top 6 as it has been since we got Foligno.

Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds as the 4th, i love Brooks but they'll give the edge to toughness and veteran by keeping Simmonds in i feel.

Brooks can come up big for us if we have any injuries plus there's nash.

It's nice to have depth, good depth, I've never felt this feeling before lol.
I agree with these lines. Nash first man up in the event of injury

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I find it disturbing the Keefe would even consider breaking up the Tavares line with how its been playing. Both Tavares and Nylander have woken up since Gally has been playing on their line.

If Keefe is smart at all he would roll these lines with a healthy lineup against Montreal. Sitting Gally would be utterly stupid especially when Gally will want nothing more then to stick it to the team that derailed his career and lost faith in him:

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Micheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

** Outside chance that Nash sees some time on 4th line with one of the others sitting. Potentially Thornton.

I prefer Gally in against the Habs as well. If he doesn't bring it, then you mix and match.

The guy has alot to lose and shown he can be a real pest who is hard on the puck. Give him a start in the limelight.

Reactions: LeafsRus

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Freddy's playoff experience has been being outplayed and losing

You can blame Freddy all you want about lack of playoff success..

but it wasn't him who got shut out twice in playoff games last year when his team failed to score goals and got shut out at home in game 5

It wasn't him who turned the puck over back to back years. Gardiner still looking for that pass

You want to hate Freddy that's cool but to make absurd comments which are mostly baseless is something else

Anyone here thinks Hutch and Ritch are better options than Fredy is just out to lunch

Reactions: egd27

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Not sure sure why we are playing top 3 players. Especially now that we have some depth

If one of those top 3 players gets injured I'll raise hell against Keefe

Utter pointless at this stage

Reactions: Drytoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad