Friedman: Flyers working with Seattle to move a High Salary Player (Potentially Voracek)

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
It seems to me that the Flyers think Seattle will take Voracek w/o an incentive because of Hakstol connection (something I stupidly hadn't considered in previous posts). I could see that being the case and while hoping for some sweetener would like him as a veteran presence.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
It seems to me that the Flyers think Seattle will take Voracek w/o an incentive because of Hakstol connection (something I stupidly hadn't considered in previous posts). I could see that being the case and while hoping for some sweetener would like him as a veteran presence.
I don't think there is a Hakstol connection for any good players that played under him.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Maybe not but trying to trade him after the ED (if not selected by Seattle) as is stated in that article they might have to retain some salary or take back salary.

But the Flyers get something back in that scenario. Instead of having to pay a 1st to Seattle to take him (an absolute joke in my opinion), Flyers can get a 1st plus (again depending on what is coming back) from another team back for Voracek.

Reactions: captainpaxil

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
But the Flyers get something back in that scenario. Instead of having to pay a 1st to Seattle to take him (an absolute joke in my opinion), Flyers can get a 1st plus (again depending on what is coming back) from another team back for Voracek.

Than that is what they should do. I would just assume the Kraken not take not take him without incentive (not necessarily a first).

What the Flyers want to do is rid themselves of the contract without taking anything back and not having to give anything else. Right now only Seattle can offer anything close to that.

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
or JVR....60 point guy with 2 years left.

The Flat-Cap crisis has officially jumped the shark with this Keith trade

Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360.jpg

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Not saying its the same situation but it could be an ANA-VKG situation where they draft x player (Theodore) and trade for y player as thank you compensation (Stoner.) In this case it could be flipped where PHI trades Myers + to SEA and SEA drafts Voracek

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reality is, Fletch MIGHT pay to move Jake, JVR or Ghost....because he is a shitty GM.

But there are also teams who struggle attracting UFA's and keeping people, so they 100% could be interested in 60 point forwards signed for 2 or 3 years....knowing that in 1-2 years, they can be flipped for a good return at the deadline/1 year left.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Hell, even if the Kraken take him (or JVR for that matter), they can just flip one of them to get further assets.
If it were that easy, the Flyers would just do it and not risk losing either for nothing.

If you have to retain or take cap back to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick, what is the actual net positive of flipping either?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Flyers need to pick a direction.

Either go all in or completely tear it down.

They are the definition of mediocre.

2013: Missed postseason
2014: Made postseason
2015: Missed postseason
2016: Made postseason
2017: Missed postseason
2018: Made postseason
2019: Missed postseason
2020: Made postseason
2021: Missed postseason

Zero series wins since being gifted it in 2012 by Fleury.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not saying its the same situation but it could be an ANA-VKG situation where they draft x player (Theodore) and trade for y player as thank you compensation (Stoner.) In this case it could be flipped where PHI trades Myers + to SEA and SEA drafts Voracek
And that would be asinine to do....as we saw it play out.

And in what world is Voracek like Stoner??? It's amazing how underrated Voracek is just based on age and cap hit.

He was 18th in the league in assists this year.
He has paced for 65+ points in each of the last 3 years.
He was 31st in ES pts...more than Pastrnak, Boeser, Giroux, Point, Zibby, Hertl, Backstrom, Nylander, etc...

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Yeah - we should probably base it off of pure speculation rather than the evidence just given to us.

Has anyone in the industry come out and said Edmonton did well in that deal? Hell, has even a single poster on these boards said it was a good move for Edmonton?

That is more indicative of the reality of the situation, imo, and probably should not be viewed as an indicator for future transactions this off-season.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
And that would be asinine to do....as we saw it play out.

And in what world is Voracek like Stoner??? It's amazing how underrated Voracek is just based on age and cap hit.

He was 18th in the league in assists this year.
He has paced for 65+ points in each of the last 3 years.
He was 31st in ES pts...more than Pastrnak, Boeser, Giroux, Point, Zibby, Hertl, Backstrom, Nylander, etc...
Not comparing the players AT ALL. comparing the tradeable situation: A team wanting to get rid of a "bad" contract and is willing to give away a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad