Friedman: Flyers working with Seattle to move a High Salary Player (Potentially Voracek)

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Flyers fans, help us out. What would be the reason for this? They have plenty of cap space and not a ton of guys to sign. They could give Couts a $10m raise and be fine. I don't get it.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Flyers fans, help us out. What would be the reason for this? They have plenty of cap space and not a ton of guys to sign. They could give Couts a $10m raise and be fine. I don't get it.
Look at what Chuck did last expansion with Minnesota. He's in his own head and we're supposedly going after Jones too, if that pans out next offseason will be a wild one for cap management.
The team also wants a big shakeup to the core and AV's dog house is pretty big.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Good question. I am curious as well. Flyers have 13M in cap space and not many re-signings required.

I would not be opposed to having Voracek on the Kraken but I doubt this is cheap for the Flyers. Not sure why they would want to do this?

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Look at what Chuck did last expansion with Minnesota. He's in his own head and we're supposedly going after Jones too, if that pans out next offseason will be a wild one for cap management.
The team also wants a big shakeup to the core and AV's dog house is pretty big.

Well let's hope for the Flyers sake he doesn't do that again but he's not trading a guy to protect Dumba this time.

Reactions: Cootsfanclub

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I tend to think expansion trades as involving upgrading or downgrading from another exposed player.
What's the value difference between jvr and voracek?

As a flyers fan the guys I'd be willing to pay for Seattle to take are hagg and Braun
If the idea is to get futures the difference between jvr/ghost/laughton and hagg is the highest
Rubstov/Ratcliffe and possibly a 2nd depending on which player we're talking about.

There's a long string of idiocy from being open to dealing voracek to thinking he's a cap dump. I'm not a Fletcher fan but I don't think he's That stupid

Last edited:
Reactions: banks and Benji007

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have to think it’d cost a lot for the Flyers. He still has significant term and he’s obviously aging/declining

Flyers: "Want Voracek?"

Kraken: "Sure. 2021 1st, Frost and York"

You all know we're referring to Jake Voracek, right? Not like his one-legged twice-removed cousin or something.

Voracek is still very good and isn't showing signs of a big decline. Any team is lucky to have a Jake Voracek.

We're likely (if true) looking to move a top salary so we can sign Hamilton or Jones, which we need more than a top RW.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Voracek and the Philly 1st to me makes sense.

Seattle is going to be a bad team, and with Voracek moving, they could likely keep the chain going with retention.

For example:
Philly trades a 1st to Seattle for a 7th for them to select Jakub Voracek.
Seattle trades Jakub Voracek @50% to Edmonton for 2021 1st rounder, 2022 second rounder and Kailer Yamamoto

Reactions: Limeyjim

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Voracek, JVR, Ghost, Braun, Aube-Kubel, Hagg,

Those are likely who Seattle has to choose from philly. The first 3 are good players with high cap hits, the other 3 are meh to poor players with low cap hits.

JVR @ 7 mil for 2 years would probably be the best case for both teams. Jvr still produces and 2 years is a very reasonable comittment...and it clears cap for philly. Voracek is a bigger risk, so i could see why seattle would ask for a sweetener...but if im the flyers I let them take JVR for free.

Its possible they go for Hagg or braun for cheap D depth (hakstol loooooves hagg), but I dont see why theyd pass up on a proven 30 goal scorer at a fair price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad