Post-Game Talk: Flyers win 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Watching Scheifele cheat as a default is annoying as hell. Always cheats.
I wonder if that's an Oates thing, or whether he's become a bit intoxicated with the accolades for his offensive production. He can and does work hard and makes sacrifices to make plays in the offensive zone, but not defensively.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As bad as some of our top end players were today, in a game where we trailed the entire time and needed goals... I’d really like to see Copp not lead all forwards in minutes.
His line was easily the Jets' best at 5v5, and he's the Jets' best PKer.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Forgot to say... Shore was dynamite on the PK. Solid 4th liner.
Yeah he's the only legit 4th liner we have now. I don't mind Shaw as a pressbox guy/ injury insurance but he's simply not an everyday player - Bourque is like a less physical/ tough Thorburn and nobody really wanted Thor playing everyday.

Eakins Shore Chibisov for me could be a good 'now' 4th line, and then when Lowry and Little come back we have a lot of options to make our bottom 6 better. I know people think Little is declining but he's still our best option in the top 6. I think he could give Wheeler and Scheifele a bit of conscience on the first line if he played wing, but that again fails to address our 2 C needs.

Does anyone else think trying Laine at C is a good idea? He's shown some really strong centre characteristics this year. He'd obviously have to get better at faceoffs but Laine centering Connor and Ehlers if one can play their off wing?

Is that crazy?

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I wonder if that's an Oates thing, or whether he's become a bit intoxicated with the accolades for his offensive production. He can and does work hard and makes sacrifices to make plays in the offensive zone, but not defensively.

Some of both, but predominantly the latter. I noticed a fundamental change in Scheif`s overall approach to hockey immediately that he returned from the World Cup. He got the opportunity to get real close to a lot of his elite buds while there and I think was influenced in a negative way. I differ slightly from what you said in that I think Scheif has changed his game in the offensive zone as well,and does not work as hard as he did prior to the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad