Post-Game Talk: Flyers win 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Oops, forgot it was an early game. I will just be happy Laine blasted a PP one-timer for a change and not worry about that one further :)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Never mind the game, starting to like watching women’s curling, is there something wrong with me?:D

sorry guys about Homan blocking the view of the rocks!
5ddfdbae085fd2f41fea87b4bf5cacc0.jpg

Rachel good, Eve better... :nod:

7405.jpg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Yep - Jets looked a little sleepy to me at the start of the game. Jets should have known Flyers have a fantastic home record so should have been prepared to come out ready to play.
Also, what's the Jets' record in afternoon games? If it's bad, maybe petition the league no more afternoon games for them? :laugh::sarcasm:

Pretty sure we’ve been good this year in afternoon games. Years prior not so much. Helly has been a wall in afternoon games too this year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Never mind the game, starting to like watching women’s curling, is there something wrong with me?:D

sorry guys about Homan blocking the view of the rocks!
5ddfdbae085fd2f41fea87b4bf5cacc0.jpg

Wait a second Sip are you getting rolled by a woman curler? Where is the normal heckling?

The game tonight vs the two Manitoba teams is excellent.

Reactions: GNP and sipowicz

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
As usual, the Jets were best when they threw pucks at the net. It’s like a switch went off in the second and they just kept firing it. Then the switch turned off again and they just rung it around the boards until they lost possession.
The Pucks weren’t bouncing their way either. Agree with other posters, that was one of Wheeler’s worst games.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
H
Mmmm -I share your thoughts that Niku would benefit greatly by having a steady reliable partner to help him acclimate to the intensity and speed of the NHL, and, that we currently have nobody to help him with this transition. But playing on the Moose to the end of this season seems like a losing proposition to me.
asnt everyone told us how steady and reliable our new guy is?

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
I was pissy after that game today I can’t deny it, but I feel much more positive now. Absolutely the cilantro is a factor, but I actually feel really good about this team going forward especially with Chevy’s recent acquisitions. Then Lowry will return.

Reactions: sipowicz

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Quick thoughts...

27-55-26 Really poor game from this line. Ehlers was uncharacteristically bad with the puck in his zone. Scheifele just lacks intensity in his own zone, and wasn't much better offensively. Wheeler was fighting the puck as he did last game. He is still really indecisive and ineffective in zone clears from the right wall.

81-9-29 Very strong game. Laine was a force. Connor was okay, but still lost in his own zone. Copp was solid.

58-28-82 Lots of speed and intensity and they were creating chances. Roslovic looks pretty good at C right now.

57-21-38 Okay game. Shore continues to impress. Bourque and Shaw are below replacement type players.

44-3 Really disliked Morrissey's game. He's been off all season. Poolman is an unsteady partner. He gets caught out of position and isn't always sharp in puck movement.

7-4 Decent effort. Best pair today. Pionk is pushing the play more, which is good.

88-12 Yikes. Beaulieu is atrocious with the puck. DeMelo struggled. Still, DeMelo probably belongs with Morrissey.

Hellebuyck was just okay. His rebound control was off. Gave Laughton too much room on his first goal.

It's amazing how bad Connor is sometimes in his own end. It's bizarre.

If Roslovic had a better brain to go with this physical talents.

Reactions: Heldig and sipowicz

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wheeler had one of his klutzy games with the puck, Scheifele was chasing goals (especially after the Jets were down 2). Some of that was opposition, but they just weren't very good. In fact, the Flyers switched Couturier to face the Copp line in the 2nd because they were much more dangerous.
Watching Scheifele cheat as a default is annoying as hell. Always cheats.

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
As bad as some of our top end players were today, in a game where we trailed the entire time and needed goals... I’d really like to see Copp not lead all forwards in minutes.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
As bad as some of our top end players were today, in a game where we trailed the entire time and needed goals... I’d really like to see Copp not lead all forwards in minutes.

Pk time combined with his line being the best and little PP time for us can lead to that.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets are in a Playoff Spot, so Sleep Easy presented by Best Sleep Centre

When you see this picture, you can rest assured that when you wake up tomorrow, the Jets will be holding a playoff spot.
090306-keam-phil_2630502-jpg.324201

Stanley Cup yoooooooouu'lll find us!
This is comforting. Please keep it up.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well, the good thing today is at least we didn't lose at home to a 40 something zamboni driver goalie.

first two shots, two Laffs goals, then he shut it down, hilarious!

42 year old Zamboni driver who hadn’t played in a competitive game in over 5 years!

Reactions: Jets 31

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It's amazing how bad Connor is sometimes in his own end. It's bizarre.

If Roslovic had a better brain to go with this physical talents.

He needs to be better
Our D group with a bit more creativity and the ability to execute an outlet pass will help - that's work in progress.

Not making excuses - he has to be better in all circumstances but he will never likely be much of a defender in his own end using our current zone exit strategy (up the walls and into your feet).
I would mention, assuming you are commenting on today's game, the wingers were all struggling with getting the puck our of our zone.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Watching Scheifele cheat as a default is annoying as hell. Always cheats.

Yet how many breakaways does he get. Almost none.
I’m not sure why other teams seem to get so many against us but we get so few. Or at least it seems that way.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Not so sure about that. Copp is desperately needed for his PK work since he is pretty amazing at it on a team that sucks at it we want to make sure he eats as many shorty minutes as humanly possible. Andrew does have decent PP/60 scoring rates while being the ace face of that cluster when it comes to stopping other teams from making us their bitch when they have the puck. I have no trouble continuing the Copp in the top 6 experiment. He has a monster hockey IQ, he is new enough to an elevated role to grow, he adapts well, and he can shelter Connor better IMO.

Last edited:

HHel

Feb 26, 2018
55-26 honeymoon is over. Brutal game from the first line, except that Morrissey goal. And Scheifele 28% faceoffs what the ****?

Let see how long this lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->