Flyers will not be successful til core leadership is changed.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
You guys want to know why I chose to get a Geology degree and not pursue something more meaningful in life where I could make a real change? Even f***ing Greta has done more for the Earth and humanity than I could ever do, and she's a little kid.

Anywho... its because I thought as a Geologist, it would be really cool and sexually advantageous to have a certified license and become a Professional Geologist so I had permission to be grabben a dyke by it's cleavage.

I sure do like boobies.

Want more bad Geology jokes? I have a whole schistload. No schist. I'm gneiss like that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You guys want to know why I chose to get a Geology degree and not pursue something more meaningful in life where I could make a real change? Even f***ing Greta has done more for the Earth and humanity than I could ever do, and she's a little kid.

Anywho... its because I thought as a Geologist, it would be really cool and sexually advantageous to have a certified license and become a Professional Geologist so I had permission to be grabben a dyke by it's cleavage.

I sure do like boobies.

Want more bad Geology jokes? I have a whole schistload. No schist. I'm gneiss like that.

I request volcano content.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No, the potato is the food of the irish, and i wont hear differently.

That doesnt mean others dont use it (i mean, the french for french fries, duh), but its our food by right. When your nation shuts down and people die on a widespread scale because its not available, you earn that right.

Well, the English deserve a lot of blame, rich landowners wanted to block imports of grain to feed the hungry to keep prices up.
So the Irish are well justified in their resentment of those Anglo-Saxon/Danish/Norman bastards.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I sure do like boobies.

Are you telling us you have rocks in your head?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Well, the English deserve a lot of blame, rich landowners wanted to block imports of grain to feed the hungry to keep prices up.
So the Irish are well justified in their resentment of those Anglo-Saxon/Danish/Norman bastards.

Yeah, as an Irish-american, i have double hatred for the english -- sorry @Appleyard . Dont even get me started on the spanish...

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
There are several sphincters in the body.

An important feature of the gastrointestinal (GI) muscularis externa is its ability to generate phasic contractile activity. However, in some GI regions, a more sustained contraction, referred to as "tone," also occurs. Sphincters are muscles oriented in an annular manner that raise intraluminal pressure, thereby reducing or blocking the movement of luminal contents from one compartment to another. Spontaneous tone generation is often a feature of these muscles. Four distinct smooth muscle sphincters are present in the GI tract: the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the pyloric sphincter (PS), the ileocecal sphincter (ICS), and the internal anal sphincter (IAS). This chapter examines how tone generation contributes to the functional behavior of these sphincters. Historically, tone was attributed to contractile activity arising directly from the properties of the smooth muscle cells. However, there is increasing evidence that interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC) play a significant role in tone generation in GI muscles. Indeed, ICC are present in each of the sphincters listed above. In this chapter, we explore various mechanisms that may contribute to tone generation in sphincters including: summation of asynchronous phasic activity, partial tetanus, window current, and myofilament sensitization. Importantly, the first two mechanisms involve tone generation through summation of phasic events. Thus, the historical distinction between "phasic" versus "tonic" smooth muscles in the GI tract requires revision. [1]

1. Keef, Kathleen, and Caroline Cobine. “Generation of Spontaneous Tone by Gastrointestinal Sphincters.” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2019, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31183822/#:~:text=Four%20distinct%20smooth%20muscle%20sphincters,internal%20anal%20sphincter%20(IAS).
Why are you making fun of me?

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I request volcano content.

Know what makes a volcano more explosive than another?

It's the dependent on the source material and the material's silica content, mostly. More silica in the melt = more volatility.

So, what does this mean for some humans?
Shit.
Literally.

I'm a good example. I have psoriasis, and a slight gluten intolerance. Not enough to make me stop drinking alcohol or eating foods with gluten completely, but enough that I have prescription for steroid cream and try my best to limit my gluten intake. Anywho... Psoriasis THRIVES when you have a poor diet, when you consume foods and beverages with high gluten and sugar quantities.

What does this do inside of me? Well I'll tell you.

For a guy like me, when I drink a lot of beer with a high IBU (hop rating) it tends to disrupt the... shit... out of my bowels. Same with when I eat a lot of gluten. My belly starts stirring and rumbling.... there's something brewing down there and it's gonna be bad.

See where I'm going with this? Silica is an element in high quantities in foods and beverages with gluten. So not only does it f*** up volcanoes and help make them explosive, but some nights I do a real disservice to my system by drinking Hop Devil or a few 2xIPAs and the next morning I'm basically a mini Mount St. Helens on my toilet.

Really though, you consume silica in a lot of shit you eat and drink. It's not the only proponent for a disruptive digestive system or volcanic system, but it plays a major role in volatility, for sure.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Does anyone in here know how a fax machine works?

200.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Know what makes a volcano more explosive than another?

It's the dependent on the source material and the material's silica content, mostly. More silica in the melt = more volatility.

So, what does this mean for some humans?
Shit.
Literally.

I'm a good example. I have psoriasis, and a slight gluten intolerance. Not enough to make me stop drinking alcohol or eating foods with gluten completely, but enough that I have prescription for steroid cream and try my best to limit my gluten intake. Anywho... Psoriasis THRIVES when you have a poor diet, when you consume foods and beverages with high gluten and sugar quantities.

What does this do inside of me? Well I'll tell you.

For a guy like me, when I drink a lot of beer with a high IBU (hop rating) it tends to disrupt the... shit... out of my bowels. Same with when I eat a lot of gluten. My belly starts stirring and rumbling.... there's something brewing down there and it's gonna be bad.

See where I'm going with this? Silica is an element in high quantities in foods and beverages with gluten. So not only does it f*** up volcanoes and help make them explosive, but some nights I do a real disservice to my system by drinking Hop Devil or a few 2xIPAs and the next morning I'm basically a mini Mount St. Helens on my toilet.

Really though, you consume silica in a lot of shit you eat and drink. It's not the only proponent for a disruptive digestive system or volcanic system, but it plays a major role in volatility, for sure.

"Volcanoes...are...why...I...Poop"

tenor.gif

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
The latter.

One of life's great mysteries and I figured with all of the great information being tossed around someone may be able to help a HC out.

I don't know shit, man. Sorry....

Speaking of shit... that seems like a theme I'm going with right now in this thread... Anyone want to know a fun bit of geologic history regrading the Chicxulub Crater, the dinosaurs, fossilized shit, and marijuana, or should I save it for another time?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The latter.

One of life's great mysteries and I figured with all of the great information being tossed around someone may be able to help a HC out.

It sends a bunch of ones and zeroes through a telephone line to another telephone line, which then translates those 1s and 0s to look like the original document.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad