Flyers will not be successful til core leadership is changed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
0d0812d1af05e7dbc4accb12581f9fed.png

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Seconded. I'm rooting for the flyers too from now on for you guys. Way better than hf nyr...but I think they're the 2nd worst group on hf anyway lol
I would be surprised if any other team forum ANYWHERE had the level of batshit insanity we cultivate here. That's why I registered in the first place. For once I'm not the lone lunatic somewhere.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This is great content, we all thank you for expanding our knowledge of adenoids.

I wish I could say that this helps remove some of the stain that comes from being associated with Martin Erat, but frankly such a thing can never be cleansed.

Martin Erat got us Filip Forsberg. If that requires a permanent stigma, so be it.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
partially quoting @deadhead

Flyers suck, fire the coach (Stevens)
Flyers suck, fire the coach (Lavi).
Flyers suck, fire the coach (Berube)
Flyers suck, fire the coach (Hakstol)
Flyers suck, fire the coach (AV)

or it could be a core that decides to show up sometimes...they are lifeless right now and have been sporadically lifeless every season for the past 10

^^^^^ accurate

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ah, the sphincter, tight.

Thanks, bro

There are several sphincters in the body.

An important feature of the gastrointestinal (GI) muscularis externa is its ability to generate phasic contractile activity. However, in some GI regions, a more sustained contraction, referred to as "tone," also occurs. Sphincters are muscles oriented in an annular manner that raise intraluminal pressure, thereby reducing or blocking the movement of luminal contents from one compartment to another. Spontaneous tone generation is often a feature of these muscles. Four distinct smooth muscle sphincters are present in the GI tract: the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the pyloric sphincter (PS), the ileocecal sphincter (ICS), and the internal anal sphincter (IAS). This chapter examines how tone generation contributes to the functional behavior of these sphincters. Historically, tone was attributed to contractile activity arising directly from the properties of the smooth muscle cells. However, there is increasing evidence that interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC) play a significant role in tone generation in GI muscles. Indeed, ICC are present in each of the sphincters listed above. In this chapter, we explore various mechanisms that may contribute to tone generation in sphincters including: summation of asynchronous phasic activity, partial tetanus, window current, and myofilament sensitization. Importantly, the first two mechanisms involve tone generation through summation of phasic events. Thus, the historical distinction between "phasic" versus "tonic" smooth muscles in the GI tract requires revision. [1]

1. Keef, Kathleen, and Caroline Cobine. “Generation of Spontaneous Tone by Gastrointestinal Sphincters.” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2019, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31183822/#:~:text=Four%20distinct%20smooth%20muscle%20sphincters,internal%20anal%20sphincter%20(IAS).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There are several sphincters in the body.

An important feature of the gastrointestinal (GI) muscularis externa is its ability to generate phasic contractile activity. However, in some GI regions, a more sustained contraction, referred to as "tone," also occurs. Sphincters are muscles oriented in an annular manner that raise intraluminal pressure, thereby reducing or blocking the movement of luminal contents from one compartment to another. Spontaneous tone generation is often a feature of these muscles. Four distinct smooth muscle sphincters are present in the GI tract: the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), the pyloric sphincter (PS), the ileocecal sphincter (ICS), and the internal anal sphincter (IAS). This chapter examines how tone generation contributes to the functional behavior of these sphincters. Historically, tone was attributed to contractile activity arising directly from the properties of the smooth muscle cells. However, there is increasing evidence that interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC) play a significant role in tone generation in GI muscles. Indeed, ICC are present in each of the sphincters listed above. In this chapter, we explore various mechanisms that may contribute to tone generation in sphincters including: summation of asynchronous phasic activity, partial tetanus, window current, and myofilament sensitization. Importantly, the first two mechanisms involve tone generation through summation of phasic events. Thus, the historical distinction between "phasic" versus "tonic" smooth muscles in the GI tract requires revision. [1]

1. Keef, Kathleen, and Caroline Cobine. “Generation of Spontaneous Tone by Gastrointestinal Sphincters.” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2019, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31183822/#:~:text=Four%20distinct%20smooth%20muscle%20sphincters,internal%20anal%20sphincter%20(IAS).

I just checked the xSph/GI% for the top range (~10-15%) of skaters - most of it is noise, but look at the disparity between the phasic contractile-positive/60 and smooth-muscle negatives.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Which people? The Potato became a staple of a lot of Europeans, Irish, Dutch, Poles, etc.
Of course, another example of expropriation of a Native American resource by European Imperialists.

No, the potato is the food of the irish, and i wont hear differently.

That doesnt mean others dont use it (i mean, the french for french fries, duh), but its our food by right. When your nation shuts down and people die on a widespread scale because its not available, you earn that right.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No, the potato is the food of the irish, and i wont hear differently.

That doesnt mean others dont use it (i mean, the french for french fries, duh), but its our food by right. When your nation shuts down and people die on a widespread scale because its not available, you earn that right.

The Irish are so f***ing bad at potatoes that they all almost died because of how bad they are at potatoes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad