Flyers will not be successful til core leadership is changed.

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
Flyers have gone through 6 coaches and 3 GMs in past decade since cup appearance. The 2010 cup appearance was the last time that they actually had team leadership that wasnt chronically complacent.
I have been saying it for 6 years, the flyers do not have a talent problem, they have a complacent leadership problem. The exact same roster that people around the league were saying earlier this season was a dark horse cup contender is now one of the worst teams in the league. ITS THE SAME ROSTER.
I am not saying G and Voracek should have been traded necessarily, they obviously are skilled players who have put up points. But that does not equate to a good leadership that inspires the bench. When G and Voracek decide to play the team is good, when they dont (take their good old time getting to the bench, give up on plays, turn the puck over with a pass that has a 5% chance) it spreads through the rest of the bench like a cancer.
Coaches and GMs were not errorless over the past decade, but the larger problem is chronic complacent team leadership.
Imagine the flyers with a captain like Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan or any of leader with 50% talent and 100% heart over the last 10 years...

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I agree. Having a captain like Dustin Brown or Ryan Callahan would have been great. They would have actually bottomed out then.

Yeah these slobs have really ruined the rebuild by being so good. Awful.

Captains are responsible for management decisions, G should be ashamed of these teams he's built and failed coaches he hired. Just like Lindros should cry every night about his refusal to get a real goalie solution or bother with drafting and developing dmen in an era that heavily favored them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The laziest of fan clichés. Blame the stars for the failures of others.

Giroux and Voracek should puppeteer the goalie to make stops, force bad players to become more skilled, and stage a mutiny to take over the coaching job.

We'll just ignore that they've been doing their jobs, are producing, are playing well, and are busting their asses.

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
The laziest of fan clichés. Blame the stars for the failures of others.

Giroux and Voracek should puppeteer the goalie to make stops, force bad players to become more skilled, and stage a mutiny to take over the coaching job.

We'll just ignore that they've been doing their jobs, are producing, are playing well, and are busting their asses.
whats you fix than there skipper? blame AV? blame CF?...then the next coach and next GM.......what has been the one constant over the past decade?

Reactions: Jtown

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
cause dustin brown didnt win two cups and callahan didnt bring his team deep into the finals...go put on your Giroux tshirt and continue to know nothing about hockey
The Los Angeles Kings won two Cups and Callahan was part of a TEAM that went deep into the playoffs. Brown and Callahan didn't accomplish those feats by themselves.

Also, i'll gladly continue to know nothing about hockey because hockey is stupid and I look damn good in my Giroux shirt.

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
The constant over the past decade is

-bad coaching
-bad goaltending
-bad depth
-Giroux and Voracek playing great

I wonder what the problem here is...
Dear new flyers fan, i am just going to entertain thought number 1 with. Look up who they are and if they have won anything.
John Stevens
Peter Laviolette
Chief
AV
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad