Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade for Erik Johnson. 2024 4th round pick to Buffalo

Grade the move!

• Total voters

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
imagine thinking Heisk. woulda turned out here...
So, it’s not Hextall’s fault, because he would have led a team that turned a Norris-trophy candidate into a bum even if he picked him.

Boy that’s great logic.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
EJ stating to the media

"I'm old and shit, but maybe I can PK and stuff while watching the good guys play"

😂 at least he's honest.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Post the articles which said he had brain issues before the draft. Do it today.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

I'm late to the context but this is just an indication that he and his family have a history of migraine issues...

There are so many different reasons for migraines that it seems a bit insane to imply that Hextall should have known that it was a chronic issue that couldn't be managed by therapy.

edit: Let me be real here, I could not find a doctor among the 10+ I've seen that have a consistent record of my seizure history. It's just nuts to expect that a GM in charge of drafting a player has prescient knowledge of a player's medical history.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think we’ve seen some of that already.

They wanted a 1st for Walker and got it. They wanted an offer above fair market value for Laughton, and according to them, they did not get one.

Whether or not you agree with them, they are able to set boundaries.
Please, for my sake. They did not get a first for Walker. Keith Jones even admitted this. They had to take on a bad contract for a guy that's not even going to play for them. It's cool a first rounder is coming eventually, but this is not some amazing value deal. And to be clear you don't have to win every deal, but if this team is not going to tank and ever pick in the top 5/10, they are going to need to win more trades than they don't and they are going to need some to be landslides in their favor.

re: Laughton - Jones said teams "value him a lot". Who knows what teams offered that they turned down but it's possible they had a ridiculous boundary the other way that makes them worse in the long term. Like I've said before, I'm getting Simmonds trade vibes with Laughton. I'd prefer to focus on the moves they have actually made though and not hypotheticals.

They identified Hayes, DeAngelo, and Provorov as problematic to the dressing room, and they got rid of them.
They also tried to give away Sanheim for nothing...

The theme is these are all guys Torts didn't want to coach anymore.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Please, for my sake. They did not get a first for Walker. Keith Jones even admitted this. They had to take on a bad contract for a guy that's not even going to play for them. It's cool a first rounder is coming eventually, but this is not some amazing value deal. And to be clear you don't have to win every deal, but if this team is not going to tank and ever pick in the top 5/10, they are going to need to win more trades than they don't and they are going to need some to be landslides in their favor.

re: Laughton - Jones said teams "value him a lot". Who knows what teams offered that they turned down but it's possible they had a ridiculous boundary the other way that makes them worse in the long term. Like I've said before, I'm getting Simmonds trade vibes with Laughton. I'd prefer to focus on the moves they have actually made though and not hypotheticals.

They also tried to give away Sanheim for nothing...

The theme is these are all guys Torts didn't want to coach anymore.

I guess the cap matters if you think that Briere is actually going full-on retool at the spin of free agency.

I don't think that's the case, and it seems like a reach to speculate what the trade deadline might look like next year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I guess the cap matters if you think that Briere is actually going full-on retool at the spin of free agency.

I don't think that's the case, and it seems like a reach to speculate what the trade deadline might look like next year.
Even if that’s true, it’s less space to take on another bad contract. Less space to get creative with extensions. Sign an UFA on a short term deal to either use or sell at the deadline. Etc.

The funny part is everyone points out their unexpected season this year, but no one expects them to do anything next year. I don’t necessarily disagree but what if they are actually good next year and want to make a move? They have 10+ mill in cap for guys that won’t play for them next year. That’s an offer sheet right there lol.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The irony is, despite current management saying they don't want to be an every other year playoff team, it's looking more and more like a return to the Hextall treadmill years, sans a prime Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Ghost, etc. But the people who called others "Hextall Lovers" -- despite no one liking those years -- are the most enthusiastic about this timeline.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
There is NOTHING fallacious about taking things on their own merits. You are wrong. Stop it. Incorrect calling out of fallacies is one of the most annoying things on the Internet. Stop being an illogical douche.

You are parroting a company line. You are as mindless as the old Flyers regime. Your brains are turned off. It isn't about "not having fun." YOU ARE WRONG. Dead wrong. Get this through your skull, and stop gaslighting the people correctly calling you out.
There is absolutely something fallacious in a line of reasoning that assumes an immoderate position is inherently incorrect because it's immoderate. Sometimes a bunch of people saying something is bad just means...the thing is bad. Like with eating shit, as an example, or supporting your local hockey team's failed attempt to build a winning roster.

And I'll have you know, I've been tragically maddeningly right about almost every damned f***ing thing this organization has done since I realized what Hak was about. The one thing I got wrong is that I gave them far too much credit leading up to the 2018 off-season, thinking we were back in the good old days when Paul Holmgren liked to make big splashy moves at exactly the moment we needed such a thing, and instead what we got was Kevin f***ing Hayes, replete with a bizarre attempt to market Boston to Philadelphia.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just listened to part of the Spittin Chiclets interview they did with him after they won the cup. Apparently he was going to retire before that season. Broken a bunch of bones and knee issues...

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The irony is, despite current management saying they don't want to be an every other year playoff team, it's looking more and more like a return to the Hextall treadmill years, sans a prime Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Ghost, etc. But the people who called others "Hextall Lovers" -- despite no one liking those years -- are the most enthusiastic about this timeline.
Hextall would never give a multi year extension to an over 30 shot blocking LHD, or take a cap dump in a trade to get a 1st back, or trade for veteran help near the deadline when his team needed reinforcements because of injuries.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad