Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade for Erik Johnson. 2024 4th round pick to Buffalo

Grade the move!

• Total voters

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
"The Flyers want to be a Franchise Players want to play for!" That was exactly what our President said!!!

So one way would be to build a professional franchise. The other way is to be a home for too old useless players who need a retirement plan!

I guess we know what new retirement orange is!

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Staal signing. "People are overreacting. Hes just a depth piece...he wont play much. He brings experience, it will he good for the kids. Its a good move"

Johnson trade "people are overreacting...this is a solid trade. Its only a 4th. Hes a solid vet, he will help the team"

A lot of people out there made comments like that. I wonder if they still feel the same now that these 2 moves are destroying this teams playoff chances.

I will continue to "overreact" to this franchises shitty depth signings. Weve seen again and again that these "veteran prsence" adds not only are poor uses of assets and cap spacr, but they cost this team wins.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Staal signing. "People are overreacting. Hes just a depth piece...he wont play much. He brings experience, it will he good for the kids. Its a good move"

Johnson trade "people are overreacting...this is a solid trade. Its only a 4th. Hes a solid vet, he will help the team"

A lot of people out there made comments like that. I wonder if they still feel the same now that these 2 moves are destroying this teams playoff chances.

I will continue to "overreact" to this franchises shitty depth signings. Weve seen again and again that these "veteran prsence" adds not only are poor uses of assets and cap spacr, but they cost this team wins.
they say the samething every year when this Org signs a old dog..

#samasiteverwas

between the mouthbreathers and this Org. its no wonder they never change...they feel like they dont need to

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

The people who said that are the ones who have said the same thing about literally every single bad move the Flyers have made since Fletcher was hired.

“Adding that objectively bad player is actually not bad because we technically could have given up even more and they won’t even play anyways but if they do play then actually they’re not even that bad and if they are that bad they’ll definitely help the kids become better players and if they don’t help the kids become better players we can trade them at the deadline and if we don’t trade them at the deadline we can bury them or buy them out and if we don’t bury or buy them out then their contract isn’t even that long so it doesn’t even matter in the big picture anyways”.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The people who said that are the ones who have said the same thing about literally every single bad move the Flyers have made since Fletcher was hired.

“Adding that objectively bad player is actually not bad because we technically could have given up even more and they won’t even play anyways but if they do play then actually they’re not even that bad and if they are that bad they’ll definitely help the kids become better players and if they don’t help the kids become better players we can trade them at the deadline and if we don’t trade them at the deadline we can bury them or buy them out and if we don’t bury or buy them out then their contract isn’t even that long so it doesn’t even matter in the big picture anyways”.
yea you can cut n paste those comments every single year over n over..

🤣🤣🤣

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

You can't see that these moves aren't bad because you aren't one of the smart ones. If you're part of 'them' you'd be smart enough to see how this move is actually good.

Sadly, most of us aren't part of that intelligent group. Super exclusive, or so im told.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
See, I've come around on this trade. Briere was doing some 4-D chess or whatever the kids call it. He knew Johnson was weighing the Sabres down and understood that the Flyers hadn't tanked enough, in spite of his efforts to do just that by bringing in Marc Staal, etc. Buffalo has taken 3 of 4 since the TDL and the Flyers have dropped 3 of 4. Coincidence? I think not. Buffalo drove a pretty hard bargain demanding the 4th, but you have to give to get a player of EJ's impact.

I suspect he tried to make similar moves with the other teams below us in the standings but that they were too savvy to fall for it, or else Briere used up all of his 17 phone calls by then. That he was able to correctly prioritize acquiring the single most cooked player in the league shows good process.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
See, I've come around on this trade. Briere was doing some 4-D chess or whatever the kids call it. He knew Johnson was weighing the Sabres down and understood that the Flyers hadn't tanked enough, in spite of his efforts to do just that by bringing in Marc Staal, etc. Buffalo has taken 3 of 4 since the TDL and the Flyers have dropped 3 of 4. Coincidence? I think not. Buffalo drove a pretty hard bargain demanding the 4th, but you have to give to get a player of EJ's impact.

I suspect he tried to make similar moves with the other teams below us in the standings but that they were too savvy to fall for it, or else Briere used up all of his 17 phone calls by then. That he was able to correctly prioritize acquiring the single most cooked player in the league shows good process.

Classic Rachel Phelps move

margaret-whitton.jpg

Reactions: mja

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad