Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Was this posted? Just in case it wasn't...

FnU9PnhaMAINN6E
Damn I have to say that must be a sample size skew because HEDMAN????

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"I really want this guy... but I cannot fit him in... I will trade away someone else even if it means adding assets to him... and then I will finally be able to trade assets for this guy..."
And both are worse and more expensive. Hell yeah. Great work.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
His offense keeps him as a net positive, but defensively he's been on the ice for the most shot attempts, expected goals, and high danger attempts per 60 of their 6 most common defensemen. If you take away the ">300 min" filter, only Cal Foote is worse.

a32bcdb1d75e1e6956f31cd3240b7b29.png

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Defensive impacts can be volatile year to year. Offensive impacts are more consistent in that regard. Hedman’s offensive impacts have been consistently higher end but his defensive metrics have been up & down. He’s end some poor seasons there before just as he’s had some strong ones.

That’s usually why he’s a polarizing figure amongst analytics vs. public perception. The latter treats him as a consistent high end two-way beast every year & puts him as a Norris finalist while the latter pushes back when the defensive metrics are lacking.

Reactions: Striiker

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa always plays Hedman with a 3rd pair quality partner also. Rutta, Myers, Foote…because he can carry those guys and their other lines can eat up softer matchups.
In the bubble he was out with Bogosian who they got off the street.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
In the bubble he was out with Bogosian who they got off the street.
Between Hedman, Mcdonagh and Sergachev they probably had deepest LD in the league. No matter who played on the right they would do just fine.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Could have held onto those draft picks, not resigned Risto, picked up JG, but God-Wimperor Charles the Last goes out and trades for Tony DeWangBlow instead. That's what this team has come to.
Why would a rebuilding team want a 29 year old forward on a 7 year deal?
In 3 years we can have CBJ give us assets to take the rest of his contract. :thumbu:

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why would a rebuilding team want a 29 year old forward on a 7 year deal?
In 3 years we can have CBJ give us assets to take the rest of his contract. :thumbu:
Me, personally? I didn't want him. I wanted us to acknowledge reality and tear this thing apart.

That said, given your boy Chuck's stated intent to be competing for a playoff spot, you tell me why you'd want a PPG guy who was salivating over the opportunity to come back and play for his childhood team.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I went back and read our reactions the moment this happened.

I laughed very hard - and that's the only joy I get from Fletch.

Reactions: kudymen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They upgraded from TDA to Burns, Ghost is the 5th D-man, he's an upgrade from De Haan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad