Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost wasn't water under the bridge. Fletcher made the call to move on from him, but then he needed someone to fill that role. So he got Yandle, which you were thrilled about and the rest of us weren't. We were right. This year he plugged that role-hole by paying too much for TDA, a move you loved and we didn't. We were right again.

That's all avoided by simply not losing the Ghost trade. It is all related. It all matters. It's all chained together. I don't know how you deluded yourself like this. You do not need to defend everything they do.
I thought Yandle was fine b/c it was a cheap one year deal.
I didn't "love" TDA, thought he was a good gamble but an overpay.

You're basically gambling that coming home will motivate him to keep his nose clean, not that he'd totally forget how to play defense (i.e. not that he was ever good, as JFresh showed, neither is Ghost, but he was never this bad in NY).

Yes, they could have kept Ghost, first they'd have to fire AV and eat $15M, then they'd have to live with a hole on defense, b/c Ghost was meh in Zona (he actually was valued less by the league than Braun last TDL!). Which was fine if they committed to a rebuild after 2020-21.

So in the end, it comes back to the FO.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I thought Yandle was fine b/c it was a cheap one year deal.
I didn't "love" TDA, thought he was a good gamble but an overpay.

You're basically gambling that coming home will motivate him to keep his nose clean, not that he'd totally forget how to play defense (i.e. not that he was ever good, as JFresh showed, neither is Ghost, but he was never this bad in NY).

Yes, they could have kept Ghost, first they'd have to fire AV and eat $15M, then they'd have to live with a hole on defense, b/c Ghost was meh in Zona (he actually was valued less by the league than Braun last TDL!). Which was fine if they committed to a rebuild after 2020-21.

So in the end, it comes back to the FO.

It was blatantly not a good gamble. That's why so many of us were so easily right.

They ended up eating AV's contract anyway. Besides, Fletcher sets the roster. Not AV. Making the team worse because Fletcher gets bossed around by his Inferiors isn't the defense you think it is.

Do you think GMs are infallible?

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
So Kitten rarely watches games with me anymore. She actually would prefer old-time hockey, God bless her violent heart hehe. She'll read a book or something but is still in the room. So last night, when Tony D was giving his post game interview, she looks up and says, "This guy sounds like a total asshole. What a dueche." This is literally her first impression. She has no idea who this guy is, or his history. She didn't even know what happened in the game (his ejection or why it happened). Great signing Chuck, you f***ing noodle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad