Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
I would think StubHub is probably your best option unless somebody else on here happens to have any extras.

Unlike a lot of teams, the Flyers actually partner with stubhub so pretty much all resales go directly through them unless you know someone.

Thanks for the response. Looking on stub hub now. Mezzanine section a good place to view a game?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have decided I need to make the pilgrimage to the home opener to greet and pay homage to Gritty and I need a single cheap ticket up in the rafters in the $40-$50 range. If someone can do me a mitzvah here I would be eternally grateful.

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Hey guys,

Bruins fan again coming in peace. My family of 4 wife, two boys (16 and 12) are coming to your fair city for the first time in a couple of weeks. We're driving down on the evening of Friday the 12th of October and staying at the Marriott Philadelphia South at the Navy Yard. We are going to the matinee game against the Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday with seats in the mezzanine section.

We are then attending a car show in the Navy yard area on Sunday. We're getting in very late Friday night/Saturday morning and probably won't be doing much before the game . However after the game we will be looking to have dinner for a family hopefully close by if possible. Can you recommend a casual dinner place close by the arena? Also how's parking around the arena? Or is it withing reasonable walking distance? Anything else you can recommend for us to do while there? How's driving within the city? I ask because my car is RHD and while I'm comfortable with it after owning it 4+ years driving it in unfamiliar areas is always tough on me.

Also if I wore a Bruins hat would I just be asking for trouble, because I really don't want trouble. My 12 year old will be wearing his Flyers jersey.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
Hey guys,

Bruins fan again coming in peace. My family of 4 wife, two boys (16 and 12) are coming to your fair city for the first time in a couple of weeks. We're driving down on the evening of Friday the 12th of October and staying at the Marriott Philadelphia South at the Navy Yard. We are going to the matinee game against the Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday with seats in the mezzanine section.

We are then attending a car show in the Navy yard area on Sunday. We're getting in very late Friday night/Saturday morning and probably won't be doing much before the game . However after the game we will be looking to have dinner for a family hopefully close by if possible. Can you recommend a casual dinner place close by the arena? Also how's parking around the arena? Or is it withing reasonable walking distance? Anything else you can recommend for us to do while there? How's driving within the city? I ask because my car is RHD and while I'm comfortable with it after owning it 4+ years driving it in unfamiliar areas is always tough on me.

Also if I wore a Bruins hat would I just be asking for trouble, because I really don't want trouble. My 12 year old will be wearing his Flyers jersey.

Xfinity Live is right across the parking lot from the arena, there are several places in there to eat a family meal if you're looking at a sit-down type meal. Personally I'd recommend John's Roast Pork, it's not far from the stadium and possibly the best cheesesteak in the city. Parking is plentiful, I usually park in the Jetro lot on the other side of the Linc for $10 instead of paying $20 for the WFC parking. If you don't mind walking a little it's worth saving a few bucks IMO. And you'll have no issues wearing a Bruins hat.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Wings are doing a deal where if you get a season ticket (cost of $145) you get two free lower level seats to the game vs Colarado on 10/22. Face value of those tickets is like $150 each so you do the math. My Wings rep just took care of me, if anyone wants to take advantage of this call him at 215-952-5294.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
The Wings are doing a deal where if you get a season ticket (cost of $145) you get two free lower level seats to the game vs Colarado on 10/22. Face value of those tickets is like $150 each so you do the math. My Wings rep just took care of me, if anyone wants to take advantage of this call him at 215-952-5294.

Just got am email from the Flyers, that Colorado home game will be a Gritty t-shirt giveaway nite.

Reactions: sabremike

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
http://info.comcastspectacor.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=E2wf5mCkakzi/qnoScN+MuanO2oiISYM

Anybody know any details on this Special Event for limited STHs?

I wonder if this is replacing the ever-changing Meet & Greet (autograph) Event we had every Season at the WFC... there has been early slots for long-tenured STHs on the past... or us it an added Event at a new Venue.

...Or is it Golf related and entirely unrelated.

One of my pet peeves about the Flyers Events is that they are always changing and they never supply near enough details on them.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Planning my pilgrimage over the pond.

Would there be any real chance of me somehow landing two stadium series tickets? How, how much and where?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Thanks man! I’ve always been a little wary of seats too low for this event. You’ll never see the puck. Where’s ideal you think?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks man! I’ve always been a little wary of seats too low for this event. You’ll never see the puck. Where’s ideal you think?

I mean ideal is probably the club level, haha but if we're trying to save a few bucks and not have any fear of being too low, I would try to get tickets in the 200 level in an early row.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Really anywhere in the upper deck for value and quality. At the game at Citi Field I was in the upper deck in left field with the cheapest ticket and the view was excellent. People at the game were joking that the place was a better place to watch a hockey game than Barclays, and was also a better venue for watching hockey than baseball.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was a bit disappointed to see that when I arrived the seats I was told I had to move from because they didn’t exist any longer were in fact still there.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
I have some extra club level seats available at cost for the game.

Section C4 and Section C24

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
If anyone is interested in buying a block of games, I have a pair in 112, selling pairs for $80/ticket (well below cost). Does not include Saturday games or Pens/Rags. DM me.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Tickets are dirt cheap tonight...was able to snag 2 tickets in Section 107 for $72 total, including fees.

Tickets upstairs were going for $18-$20 before fees.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
On chia pet night nonetheless...

TBF, Voracek Chia Night is NOT a Voracek Bobblehead Night... Chias Pets are actually work, and not as nice to display for years to come.

... And I'd venture a bet that they wouldn't have to give out bobbleheads AFTER the Game... nobody throws a Bobblehead away.

... Just sayin'.

But yeah; I agree pretty low Seats for the Game... But historically, Flyers Games don't start becoming enticing until after the New Year... except for Black Friday.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
So is anyone going to this Top Golf event? Its 10 minutes from my house so I'm excited but not sure what it is. Are we playing top golf with the players?

Reactions: Breeze 44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad